Up Owners Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Great write-up Mark. It's always helpful to have it set out clearly in one post what someone has done to their car and in what order, especially when it's ride and handling related.

I've just ordered a set of PS4. Itching to get the bling original wheels back on...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yeah that's me. Non GTI Pro Street kit still sat in its box in the garage, with the 200 day return period ticking away. I think as the summer winds down and I start to get bored, I will finally make a decision what to do.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Hey Mark, was just rereading this and I think the ride height on yours is pretty much identical to mine on the same coilovers now. How much lower than factory do you reckon you are ?

·
Registered
453 Posts
With 2/3 of a tank it's a 2 finger gap plus about 10mm front and back. My tyres are 195/50 16's which in theory are about 2mm greater radius than 205/40 17's, assuming equal tread.

Not quite sure how the rears have been set. Haven't altered them since getting it back from the garage, have only needed to bring the fronts up a bit to get to where I am now, which seems pretty much perfect for me.

The flexible skirt under the front bumper still catches slightly on the same 2 sharp dips on my local "road from ****" and then only if I seek out those dips and deliberately go in a little too fast, which is just as it was before fitting the kit.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Yeah the ride is pretty plush, especially as the tyres are 195/50 rather than 195/45, and they are all season so even squishier.

Re looks, I do wish I could get Upsilons at a sensible price as they are a little closer to the factory 17's style, and the Triangles are a little weird looking, but at least they're a genuine VW wheel, and they are now fitted as standard to R-line models so they do look "factory".

I might shell out for Alleggeritas or similar if I could be certain of fitting a decent quality VW centre cap to completely cover the hubs and wheel bolts, but no-one seems to cater for that.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts