Up Owners Club banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

Registered
Year 3 service carried out today with my stepson paperwork to back it up for the labour and receipts for the VW genuine parts and the oil to be attached!

We also did a brake fluid change all for a fraction of the cost of a main dealer and no anxiety about the car being damaged I just need to reset the service indicator with Obdeleven now 馃榿

1st MOT booked for a couple of weeks time
Hi,
When changing brake fluid did you also manage to change the fluid in the clutch part of the system ? I asked in a separate post as I could not do the clutch part, but only 1 reply so far.
Cheers,
Dominic

Registered
Thanks.

That鈥檚 the same as I tried with the exception of my pressure bleeding kit being set at the equipments intended setting of 1.5 Bar instead of 2. I wouldn鈥檛 have thought that should make a difference.
Also noticed your link was for the 5 speed transmission, I can鈥檛 imagine there being a difference in procedure but it is possible.

Registered
Hey Mark, was just rereading this and I think the ride height on yours is pretty much identical to mine on the same coilovers now. How much lower than factory do you reckon you are ?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
If I am honest I'm not entirely sure I can take a guess based on my previous lowering springs....

Possibly 20mm lower front and 30mm lower rear.

With a full tank and on level ground it's a 2 finger gap from the tyre to the bodywork front and back.

The rear springs are adjusted at different levels because we found a lot of the fuel weight seemed to end up on the driver's side rear corner I would be interested in how yours have been set?

Registered
With 2/3 of a tank it's a 2 finger gap plus about 10mm front and back. My tyres are 195/50 16's which in theory are about 2mm greater radius than 205/40 17's, assuming equal tread.

Not quite sure how the rears have been set. Haven't altered them since getting it back from the garage, have only needed to bring the fronts up a bit to get to where I am now, which seems pretty much perfect for me.

The flexible skirt under the front bumper still catches slightly on the same 2 sharp dips on my local "road from ****" and then only if I seek out those dips and deliberately go in a little too fast, which is just as it was before fitting the kit.

Super Moderator
Is it some kind of G o d Squad censorship?
Sick of it after 2000 years...
Same with Facebook crushing accepted cultural values and comment that is not the same as those in Texas or where ever.....
More than likely its part of the generic swearword database the forum software employs, and nothing to do with religious connotations.

Unfortunately it's not something I have access to check or alter.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
It's funny because I walked past an Up! With those wheels on this morning I wondered how they would look on a GTi in my head I said probably not great....

While I still don't think they are a patch on the standard wheels they look really nice on your car maybe it's because it's black.

Yours must ride like a rolls Royce compared to the standard car now with the Eibach Pro Street S,16 inch wheels and much more sidewall on the tyres 馃槑

Registered
Yeah the ride is pretty plush, especially as the tyres are 195/50 rather than 195/45, and they are all season so even squishier.

Re looks, I do wish I could get Upsilons at a sensible price as they are a little closer to the factory 17's style, and the Triangles are a little weird looking, but at least they're a genuine VW wheel, and they are now fitted as standard to R-line models so they do look "factory".

I might shell out for Alleggeritas or similar if I could be certain of fitting a decent quality VW centre cap to completely cover the hubs and wheel bolts, but no-one seems to cater for that.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Upsilons are nice!. I would love a set 17 inch Alleggeritas but I still don't think the car would look as good as on the standard wheels... The car from factory is very much like those cartoon style pictures you used to see with massive wheel's and the inner child in me loves that look 馃檲馃ぃ

21 - 38 of 38 Posts