Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,<br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; : rgb250, 250, 250;"><br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; : rgb250, 250, 250;">I'm purchasing a second hand 3dr VW up! and I had a few questions about the maps + more package.<br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; : rgb250, 250, 250;"><br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; : rgb250, 250, 250;">The vehicle I'm purchasing doesn't have the maps + more package fitted. I'm very interested in adding this to the vehicle as I like the functionality of it.<br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; : rgb250, 250, 250;"><br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; : rgb250, 250, 250;">I called a few VW dealerships and they have informed me that it's a "factory fit" therefore they're saying it's not possible to purchase it as an aftermarket part.<br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; : rgb250, 250, 250;"><br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; : rgb250, 250, 250;">One dealership told me I could purchase one as a replacement unit for $1000 + installation costs because apparently the wiring isn't in the non maps + more fitted vehicles.<br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; : rgb250, 250, 250;"><br style="color: rgb51, 51, 51; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; line-height: normal; : rgb250, 250, 250;">Anyone have any thoughts on how to go about getting this done? Would it be an easy job to install the unit?

·
Registered
851 Posts
I know you don't want to hear this but really it would be cheaper and much less aggro if you bought a high up on which it is standard kit. I expect buying one of these cars would cost much less than the £1000 it would cost for the after market fitting of M&M. If you look at the buyers poll on this forum the high up is equally as commonly bought as the move up which means there's loads about.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Im sure theres a how to thread on here! Just cant find it on my phone! Ill have another search around

O here we go!!

Maps and more fittingEdited by: Itzben

·
Registered
430 Posts
Is it too late to purchase a different UP with it already installed? Would make so much more sense both in terms of time, hassle and money...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Just a point of interest. Any Up can be ordered from new with M&M I wanted a basic Take Up, but with M&M. That is what I ordered and got.

I agree with Rickenbacker. It might be much easier to find a vehicle with it installed already.

Go well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the feedback.

I'm living in Australia. I found a seller who won a basic up as a prize in a competition. He needs the cash and wants to sell asap. We negotiated on price to $9500 AUD (5226.19 in pounds) so it's a bargain I can't pass up.

I feel it's worth the hassle considering brand new here they are $13,990 when standard ($7673.91)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts