Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Update Q1/2013 now available on Navigon Fresh.

Just completed update, now the Navigon doesn't work anymore..... won't show any maps.
Take care!!!!
Hope this is better than the mess the Q4/2012 and software update was.
If anyone is successful please post.Edited by: JY1

·
Registered
727 Posts
JY1 said:
Update Q1/2013 now available on Navigon Fresh.

Just completed update, now the Navigon doesn't work anymore..... won't show any maps.

And on that bombshell...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did the update sunday, no probs (apart from the usual molasses drowned speed of the download) install Q1,2013 Maps for: DK, SE, FI and DE (those are what I need, should I ever venture farther abroad, I could always fill her up)!

Edited by: Pif

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ran the update on the weekend , 3 hours later all was loaded. Checked the trip computer on the first drive and all was fine, on the way home tried to use the maps and there was nothing. Scrolling through the settings I saw it had 2 sets of maps loaded Q4/2012 and Q1/2013.

Could not get the maps to show, the screen was in 3D mode and just showed some sky and a dark patch. In the end I did a factory reset from Navigon Fresh and then reloaded the update to the latest software which loaded Q4/2012 maps, now works fine.

One moral of the story dont overwrite your existing backup when finishing uploading new maps etc, check it all works first! Would have saved quite a few hours of downloads

Edited by: Finallyup

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have just downloaded Q1 13

Maps is dead

I go to show maps or program in a destination and the unit simply reboots itself

I only downloaded UK map it only took 4 minutes something not right

·
Registered
393 Posts
The same has happened to my wife's Garmin Nuvi, and comes up with the message "cannot authenticate maps". I'll hang on a bit I think before I update my Navigon.
I know that Navigon is/uses Garmin software, but this is pants! They need to sort this out. It's not acceptable to repeatedly cause all these issues. They should ensure all their updates work before release. It looks like a long call to Garmin for me.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
What a farce. I shan't be updating yet then!
How is this ok to those that pay a subscription for the maps? Especially at their sky high asking price!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi Dave. I know what you mean, the updates are never cheap. Luckily my wife's has lifetime maps and traffic and was included in the purchase price. The thing is, that the result is the same on both satnav's, like no streets, roads etc. I've tried a few things on the Garmin forum, like re-installing, but to no avail. I might look though to see if I do have 2 lots of maps on there.

·
Registered
604 Posts
right so i checked if i had two sets of maps and no I do not

I have reinstalled Q4 2012 and system is working again

I have emailed navigon hope to have an answer soon

one thing i did notice, when i pressed 'navigation' itgives 4 options

new destination
my destinations
take me home
voice command

but when i had Q1 2013 installed 'voice command' was not there it had been replaced with 'show map'

did anyone else get this?

·
Registered
811 Posts
I was one of the mugs who paid the subscription. I think I will wait for things to get sorted out before I try to update.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Al try it got nothing to lose you can clear the update off and reinstall older map if it doesn't work

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yep, tried to upload new 1st Quarter 2013 maps as well. Nothing. Just reboots the unit.

Had to go back in to restore 4th Quarter maps again. Now working.

Not good for a company the size of Garmin/Navigon, come on VW pressure them.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I got that too, still waiting for a reply from them tho

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had no Problem Whit Q1 Maps just select the Maps i need, E:G no East Europe

THen installed white the Navigon Fresh Beta on Mac !

And it works like Before.

Greetings

Jarre

·
Registered
176 Posts
Apart from our European friends uploading their own areas, has anyone in the UK actually managed to successfully upload Q1/2013 maps yet?

Just tried again, still faulty for me.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I haven't bothered and won't until someone else in the UK says that it's possible. I've learnt from the last disastrous upgrade from Navigoff.

Nick

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm not going to pursue any updates/upgrades, either.

Main reason is that there will still be an element of uncertainty with it. I suppose that's inevitable. I' m very pleased with the M&M overall but the updating is not too good.

For example, the low fuel light came on today and I was offered directions to nearest three stations. Two have been closed down (and houses built on their sites) AT LEAST 5 years ago!

Fortunately, I was not caught out and I was actually en route to the only one station that now exists, but if I'd been miles away and the correct info had been critical....!!!!!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Call me stupid, but aren't we now in the second quarter. I'm sure I updated to 1/2013 in January.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts