Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Normally only a software update would fix bugs... a map update is just the maps...

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had it in my head that there had been a new map download available since I last downloaded, and I've just logged into Navigon Fresh to see, and I have utterly no idea what 'version' of the maps are actually on my device, to know if I have the latest maps. Argh. I'm also once again flummoxed by whether Q1/2012 or Q2/2012 is the newer download, I take it Q2 would be but it's a slightly smaller file than Q1 which I thought odd (perhaps some roads were washed away in the recent weather?!). Help?!?!

Richard.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Q2 would be later as it is the second quarter of the year as opposed to the first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you know if there's any way to identify (other than writing a note down at the time of installation) what version of the maps you have installed on your Maps & More?

·
Registered
705 Posts
Downloading Navigon Fresh will enable you to see what's installed. Then connect the unit to your computer using the USB cable and run the software.

I haven't yet figured out how to install the most up-to-date maps, as the device appears to be completely full. I will have to get myself some large Micro-SD cards, and will be doing so shortly.

Nick

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just told it to save the Q2 maps and it deleted the Q1 maps and stored them on board. No need for the memory card

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I don't thnk the maps element uses the memory card. I just have music on mine and I've updated

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have downloaded Q2 update, although I don't know why, as I haven't driven around all the roads on Q1 yet!
Edited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
It will only store the maps on the internal memory... SD card is just for music and pics as far as i am aware. says that in the instructions.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I've retried the download from my MacBook, running an older version of OSX (10.6.8), and the update is now working, slowly""¦ very slowly. But at least I'm getting an update to the latest spec. I've also tried the FRESHMAPS80 voucher and I can't get it to work on either machine.

Nick

·
Registered
9 Posts
Collas said:
Downloading Navigon Fresh will enable you to see what's installed. Then connect the unit to your computer using the USB cable and run the software.

I haven't yet figured out how to install the most up-to-date maps, as the device appears to be completely full. I will have to get myself some large Micro-SD cards, and will be doing so shortly.

Nick

It's the Fresh software I'm using, but I can't see where it would tell me what version of the maps I currently have installed, unless it's right in front of me and I'm just not taking it in.

Memory-wise, I just stuck to the UK maps to save space (and time).

R.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I downloaded lots of neighboring countries that we may visit at one point and the memory is still only showing as a little over half full

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
You never know, think I went for Switzerland, Germany, France, Italy, Denmark, Sweden, Belgium and a few others

·
Registered
705 Posts
The full download for Europe 44 is over 3GB, which leaves me with about 340MB spare. I can't interrupt the download, but I was wondering if the My System link at the bottom left of the Navigon Fresh menu would give some details as to what is installed.

Nick

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
My download did take its time, so I did it overnight when downloading is quicker. Therefore not sure how long it took, but I'm sure it was hours

1 - 20 of 21 Posts