Up Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Q2/2014 maps are out and there's also new firmware - 7.14.11.

Warning: the firmware update will wipe the settings and return to factory defaults, so you will have to pair it with the car again and also with any phones. Until you pair it with the car again it will display a generic Navigon logo when switched on (even on newer Garmin units).

It will also flash new Bluetooth firmware on first boot.

Edited by: Umiamz

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I made the "firmware mistake"one week ago ...

I can't remember all faults the firmware update fixes ...
But it might be good for people who have had phone problems.

As far as I have heard in the German forum, Q2/2014 only works with "Garmin" navis?
Original Navigon units will show no Q2 upgrade and no firmware update?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it was Bluetooth fixes and some more fixes when used in the e-up. I'm sure there'll be bug fixes, too. In use it doesn't appear to be any different visually but it does seem to connect to live services more quickly.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think it works much quicker now. When putting a postcode in to the navigation there used to be quite a lag as it caught up but now it's immediate

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It also appears to have fixed an issue I was having where the sat nav voice would alternate between coming out of both left and right speakers and just one of left or right.

Some of these things may have been fixed by just a factory reset, though...

Edit: No it hasn't - never mind...

Edited by: Umiamz

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've realised what's happening with the sat nav voice and the speakers. It's when the current radio station switches between mono and stereo - it appears to alter how the voice sounds.
Unfortunately this happens quite frequently because my radio reception is pretty poor.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Have no fear, Q2/2014 maps do download onto a Navigon, but software version 7.14.10 is the "latest" one, so no upgrade is necessary

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
navigon units have no firmware upgrade, only the garmin branded ones, However, the new maps are there...you need to download them.

·
Registered
252 Posts
On the Garmin, after the firmware update, iTunes purchased songs on an inserted SD card now show correctly & also show Album Artwork.

Bluetooth calls sounded a little clearer, but so far I've only tested on drive, will update if call quality any better while driving later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does someone else does have a delay in getting the cars information when starting? I need to wait a few minutes to see the time and kilometers I traveled and how many kilometers I can travel with remaining fuel I have etc...

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Glenn,

I think this "problem" won't be solved ...

Turn on your M&M at home (outside car) ...
It needs about the same time to initialize ...
In the car, it additionally has to connect with the car "computer" ...

A relax training or canabis surely help more ...
But you should try the relax training because canabis might cause additional problems!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cadfael said:
Hi Glenn,

I think this "problem" won't be solved ...

Turn on your M&M at home (outside car) ...
It needs about the same time to initialize ...
In the car, it additionally has to connect with the car "computer" ...

A relax training or canabis surely help more ...
But you should try the relax training because canabis might cause additional problems!

Well, it didn't happen before the update. As soon as I started the car the information showed up ;) On both the original device and replacement device since I had problems with the 1st one :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts