Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would happen to ones remote key if it were to be dropped into the toilet bowl mid-flush? Would it die?
It's just, ummm, he really needs to know...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,118 Posts
Put in a bowl of uncooked rice overnight.
Then try it in the morning.
it might work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
Don't eat the rice afterwards though.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
430 Posts
My remote key for my last car went through the washing machine on a hot wash, once dried out I never had an issue with it..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
604 Posts
Mine (for other car) fell into the fish pond and it is still fine,
I hung it above a radiator, not to close the battery might over heat and leak acid
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,274 Posts
Not quite the same as your friend but I dropped mine in a deepish puddle and worked alright....So far


what a silly friend of yours
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
811 Posts
That was good advice then! In this case I would still avoid it after cooking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
only need +62degC to kill bacteria so boiling the rice wud take care of the lil b*ggers anyway
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The cooking would likely kill the bacteria though, probably. Still. Best leave it eh.

Edit: beaten to it! HahaEdited by: Davec86
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
583 Posts
If you drop an electronic device in water,get the battery out and put the device in distilled water right away.
Rinse and repeat with fresh distilled water.
Repeat that a few times.
Let it dry somewhere warm - but not hot - so the water evaporates slowly.

Water is not really corrosive and not very conductive, it's the minerals in regular water that will short out and kill electronics.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top