Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does your MY14 up whine or whistle at 70mph and at speeds over and under this? It's a feature of older ups and is worse when cruising. If you take your foot off the throttle at 70mph, then the noise stops instantly and if you accelerate it reduces - so it's at its worst whilst cruising at a constant speed. As i have just ordered a MY14 upgrade, i'm hoping this noise has been eradicated.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I've not been over 80 but mine is sweet as a nut with no strange noises. The only thing I get is if I accelerate hard around 50 mph there is a momentary screech when I change gear.

·
Registered
171 Posts
AlanG said:
Hi, does your MY14 up whine or whistle at 70mph and at speeds over and under this?
Not mine""¦<mytubeelement =""bundle":"label_delimitor":":","percentage":"%","smart_buffer":"Smart Buffer","start_playing_when_buffered":"Start playing when buffered","":"","desktop_notification":"Desktop Notification","continuation_on_next_line":"-","loop":"Loop","only_notify":"Only Notify","estimated_time":"Estimated Time","global_preferences":"Global Preferences","no_notification_suped_on_your_browser":"No notification style suped on your browser version","video_buffered":"Video Buffered","buffered":"Buffered","hyphen":"-","buffered_message":"The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.","not_suped":"Not Suped","on":"On","off":"Off","click_to_enable_for__site":"Click to enable for site","desktop_notification_denied":"You have denied permission for desktop notification for site","notification_status_delimitor":";","error":"Error","adblock_interferance_message":"Adblock or similar extension is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add to adblock whitelist.","calculating":"Calculating","waiting":"Waiting","will_start_buffering_when_initialized":"Will start buffering when initialized","will_start_playing_when_initialized":"Will start playing when initialized","completed":"Completed","buffering_stalled":"Buffering is stalled. Will stop.","stopped":"Stopped","hr":"Hr","min":"Min","sec":"Sec","any_moment":"Any Moment","popup_donate_to":"Donate to","extension_id":null,"prefs":"desktopNotification":true,"Notification":true,"logLevel":0,"enable":true,"loop":false,"hidePopup":true,"autoPlay":false,"autoBuffer":true,"autoPlayOnBuffer":true,"autoPlayOnBufferPercentage":42,"autoPlayOnSmartBuffer":true,"quality":"hd720","fshd":false,"onlyNotification":true,"enableFullScreen":true,"saveBandwidth":true,"hideAnnotations":false,"turnOffPagedBuffering":true" ="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement>

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've noticed a slight (really only noticeable if the radio is completely off) whine to my Up, although I'm not sure which model year it is (How do you tell?) I only bought it two weeks ago, but it had been in the showroom for a while before that.

On a long journey on friday (about 60 miles) I found that turning the blower off completely gets rid of most, if not all of the noise. I normally leave it in the 1 position.

Andy

·
Registered
171 Posts
bigandy said:
I'm not sure which model year it is (How do you tell?)
It's in the VIN: if the next digit after WVWZZZAAZ is E, it's MY14.<mytubeelement =""bundle":"label_delimitor":":","percentage":"%","smart_buffer":"Smart Buffer","start_playing_when_buffered":"Start playing when buffered","":"","desktop_notification":"Desktop Notification","continuation_on_next_line":"-","loop":"Loop","only_notify":"Only Notify","estimated_time":"Estimated Time","global_preferences":"Global Preferences","no_notification_suped_on_your_browser":"No notification style suped on your browser version","video_buffered":"Video Buffered","buffered":"Buffered","hyphen":"-","buffered_message":"The video has been buffered as requested and is ready to play.","not_suped":"Not Suped","on":"On","off":"Off","click_to_enable_for__site":"Click to enable for site","desktop_notification_denied":"You have denied permission for desktop notification for site","notification_status_delimitor":";","error":"Error","adblock_interferance_message":"Adblock or similar extension is known to interfere with SmartVideo. Please add to adblock whitelist.","calculating":"Calculating","waiting":"Waiting","will_start_buffering_when_initialized":"Will start buffering when initialized","will_start_playing_when_initialized":"Will start playing when initialized","completed":"Completed","buffering_stalled":"Buffering is stalled. Will stop.","stopped":"Stopped","hr":"Hr","min":"Min","sec":"Sec","any_moment":"Any Moment","popup_donate_to":"Donate to","extension_id":null,"prefs":"desktopNotification":true,"Notification":true,"logLevel":0,"enable":true,"loop":false,"hidePopup":true,"autoPlay":false,"autoBuffer":true,"autoPlayOnBuffer":true,"autoPlayOnBufferPercentage":42,"autoPlayOnSmartBuffer":true,"quality":"hd720","fshd":false,"onlyNotification":true,"enableFullScreen":true,"saveBandwidth":true,"hideAnnotations":false,"turnOffPagedBuffering":true" ="preferencesUpdated" id="myTubeRelayElementToPage"></mytubeelement><mytubeelement =""loadBundle":true" ="relayPrefs" id="myTubeRelayElementToTab"></mytubeelement>

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The noise is definitely from the drive train because it goes completely if you take your foot off the throttle at 70mph. So it's not the fan and not anything related to airflow because if it was, then the noise would carry on after releasing the throttle because you're still travelling at 70mph. It's not loud, you would easily suppress it with conversation or the radio and because it's high pitched i expect a lot of people simply don't hear it.Edited by: AlanG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts