Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as a few of you may have noticed I'm taking my Up! very seriously and enjoy posting on it loads.

As I'm getting through the list of things to do I have completed everything apart from rear side windows and wheel change.

Looking for an easy way to switch up the wheel, here is the plan

I want to fit alloys to the car using the current tyres. Its not wasted on me that the tyres are only 14 inch but 14" is going to be fine for me.

So does anyone know the right size alloy wheel needed, has anyone on the forum done this and does anyone know of any photos.

I would like black straight multispoke wheels but not sure where to start, so I welcome any input. especially on the offset etc.

So the tyres on the car as I'm sure you will know are 165 70R 14

I could photoshop the wheels onto the car if anyone has any ideas. (sorry is someone has been through this before)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
standard up

With quick and nasty photoshop of black wheels (looks like wheel trims to me!)
Not so sure, think silver would be better

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats enough crappy mockups. squint your eyes to male them look better ha ha

Happy to hear what people think or what others have done

cheers

·
Read Only
110 Posts
just to throw another idea into the mix, what would an Up! look like with wire wheels on, you know proper old school MG type wheels.

Just an idea

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ha ha no school like the old school!

Something like this

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If they did a 14" Classic wheel which I love

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Purely a cost saving thing. nothing else.

I have spent a good chunk of cash on radio, roof wrap and tinting. along with radio cables and that.

The Cars has only been mine for 1 week 1 day!

If someone has an answer to my specification question, i.e. what size alloys would fit the 14" tyres I could do more research for sure.

It could very well be cheap enough to replace the whole lot. but I would want VW classic alloys like in the later post.

cheers

·
Registered
48 Posts
If it was me and I wanted to keep using same tyres I would just take the hub caps off and go with the steelies.

It might just be me but I would say 14 inch steelies will look better than 14 inch alloys.

Just run the steelies then get classics in a few months?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts