Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm in the process of ordering a new Up (Take UP), the one I saw in the showroom was in black, the sales guy told me that the solid colours were free of charge including this black one! I went ahead and placed the order for a black one.

However, he has just phoned me to say that the black is a pearl black and is chargeable and hasn't been included in my quote! I looked on the website and there is no option for a solid black on the configuration chart.

My question is: Could it be that the UP I saw in the showroom was a solid black that they no longer do?

Does the pearl black look much different?

I did have a little moan about the quote being changed the day after we agreed on a price etc. but after I had left the showroom yesterday he did phone to say that the order would now come with a free comfort pack upgrade, free spare wheel, free mats and a full tank of fuel...so I don't want to moan too much!

Thanks for your help

Edited by: DCB67

·
Registered
438 Posts
The only free colour is red. I don't think there has ever been flat black on the Up. VW used to do flat black for free on their cars but I think that's long gone.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Depends on the market.
In Belgium, you only get white B4 for free. Red is a 137 euro option.

Black was only included with the Black up , wasn't it ?
And a paying option on the others.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Light blue is free too.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Candy White was a free option twelve months ago when I ordered my Up!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Beevee said:
According to the vw configurator, it is free on the Groove Up now. My vw dealer tells me it's not however.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Scrubnut said:
Beevee said:
According to the vw configurator, it is free on the Groove Up now. My vw dealer tells me it's not however.
Yeah I think white is the default colour for the groove up, so how do they figure it costs extra? Think some of the salespeople don't know what they are selling half of the time!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts