Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on Friday I got a SMS order update from Volkswagen:"Your up! order has progressed to stage 5a of 7 (in transit: left factory)"

I know the website says it may take up to 4 weeks to reach the dealers - but is this realistic?
How long, on average, does it take an Up! to reach the UK?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just interested what date you ordered yours? And what was your build week shown as?

Cant wait for mine, and interested on if yours was built in line with what the web page forecast.

Ordered my Up 1st Feb, build week commencing 9th March.

Edited by: Bman

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ordered January 15th..Had build week commencing 23/02/2014..
Went from build week -> in transit.. Never saw it actually in the "being built" state..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks Barry, will watch for your delivery date with interest as looks like you are 2 weeks ahead at all stages to mine

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just an update on this..Yesterday I got a text message to tell me my car had "Arrived in the UK" (hurrah!)

So now awaiting it arriving in the dealership.
Must have not been on such a slow boat after all :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had a text yesterday saying"Your up! order has progressed to stage 5a of 7 (in transit: left factory)"

Hopefully mine is on a similar speed boat to what yours was.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
scuba_2903 said:
I had a text yesterday saying"Your up! order has progressed to stage 5a of 7 (in transit: left factory)"

Hopefully mine is on a similar speed boat to what yours was.

Did you see it actually in the build stage? Cos I didn't
It now goes from the factory, to QA in Germany and then hits the ship.
Just over a week between leaving the factory and arriving in the UK for me..

·
Registered
53 Posts
No. Never saw it in the build stage. My build week was 9/03/14 so didnt have long to be in it it.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Dealer can get more info, ie when released to ship, what ship it is on etc etc....I was able to find out the ship then track it via a maritime tracking app, then watch it arrive at port of tyne via their harbour webcam

but then again I'm a sad bugger !

·
Registered
153 Posts
Our car has went from in transit on the 28th February to arrived in the UK on 12th March. Look like 2 weeks but not sure if that's because its a high up that's built in Germany. Someone told me the move and take up are built elsewhere, so may take longer.

·
Registered
851 Posts
My understanding is that all models of up, mii and Citigo are all built in the same Slovenian manufacturing plant.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am finding that the delivery time is great, I ordered mine on the 20th feb, got a call this morning advising it will be ready for pick up this tuesday coming.

Can't wait to start saving money

·
Registered
325 Posts
Also ordered 20th Feb and picked up yesterday. However, it was already "in transit" when ordered.

·
Registered
153 Posts
We added a couple of options so this maybe why we have had a longer wait.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well my car was delivered to the dealership this morning, have picked my reg on Thursday, and am speaking to the dealer again on Monday to arrange when I can take delivery.

Drove past the dealership earlier and had to fight the urge to be really sad and go in and demand to see my new High Up! They had a couple of Tornado Red ones outside though and I am *so* happy with how that looks on the up (my existing up! is in a powder blue that looks white in most light conditions so glad to have a hold colour now).

So it will be a little over two months between agreeing to buy and (hopefully) picking it up (ordered 15th January).

Seriously can't wait now.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
AlanG said:
My understanding is that all models of up, mii and Citigo are all built in the same Slovenian manufacturing plant.
My High Up! was built in the VW manufacturing plant in the Slovak Republic according to the volkswagen tracking site

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
If you have a look on google earth you can see just how big the Slovak plant is.....wow!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Knew it was going too well..

Was gearing up to pick up my car on Friday.
Needed to get the cover note from VW insurance.
All was going well until I gave the new reg..
"err, that cannot be right, that's a Passat" says the very helpful girl on the phone.

So after being put on hold it transpires that due to an administration error, the dealer has used the reg I chose (and have now, of course, memorised) on a Passat they have in stock. Have to find out tomorrow if they have bought tax with that reg or not. If they have, then my reg is gone. And cannot get cover note until I get a reg, and so my car cannot be taxed til then.

Grr.. Bloody VW Wrexham!!

Hope it can all be sorted so that I can still pick it up Friday.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts