Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, thats 3.5 months into ownership and 7.5K miles on the 3-door....hasn't missed a beat at all....superb wee car

Average commute 32 miles...71mpg (Mway & A-Road)

Average round-town stopping and starting (not BMT) 53Mpg

Overall average around 60mpg

Mods.....silvervision indicators & Nightbreaker plus Headlights

Best features.....Heated seats, M&M and Sensor Pack

Niggles.... No memory when folding seat to allow rear passengers out (backrest), speed of getting manky of tailgate in yucky weather

All in All- DELIGHTED...BEST WEE CAR OUT THERE BY FAR !!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Great review, I am equally as delighted with my UP after 8.5K miles

I also keep forgetting to put the rear parcel shelf down until after noticing it in the rear view mirror

·
Registered
315 Posts
It's hard to realise that I have had mine six months now. Haven't looked at the mileage or the MPG figures, but I do know I don't call in the petrol station half as much as I used to. I agree about the heated seats and it's not yet winter, but I already know they are going to be a boon. The M & M is also a great little device as are the reversing sensors, which have already stopped my partner backing in to another car which had parked behind her, from out of nowhere (as they do). I am delighted with the available space inside and the seat adjustment is also very good. In short I have no complaints.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Crikey, puts me to shame.
Had my up just over two months now and still have not quite done 1000 miles yet. Looking forward to mine being run in!
Loving driving it though, and not going to the petrol station as often is a major bonus too!

·
Registered
587 Posts
Had it a month and just hit 400 miles and averaging 57mpg, although seen a slight dip in mpg with the cooler weather has been a happy chappy on my commute and I do actually prefer driving ot to the Leon and my kids prefer being in the Up! to the Leon. Have to seen how it compares to my F20 1 Series on order that I collect in March.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I've had my car for about seven months now and have covered just over 7k miles. It is a great little car and drives better now than when it rolled out of the dealership. The engine purrs along and all the 'strange' noises have gone or are less apparent.

The only downside has been the quality control issues with the car - door rattles, loose trim and windscreen water leaks. These issuesdefinitelytook the gloss off the initial ownership experience.

The best feature for me is the cushioned ride quality and the performance of the car (nippy for 75hp and economical). The heated seats are unexpectedly good (if you've a sore back) and there is plenty of room inside the car with a deep boot.

Modifications? I've just fitted Nightbreaker Plus bulbs after seeing recommendations here. They are a bit brighter that the standard fit but don't seem to extend the range much, as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Its a great little car, apart from window issue yesterday, covered 7k in 3 months, driven it 4 up to spa for the 6 hour race all gear everything!!

I tend to drive likeSebastian loeb and still get ave over 60 mpg!!!

We are doing a 3 week euro trip next summer and the up is going.... another 3 k .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts