Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The roof mounter aerial is causing us problems as we have a low garage roof. Does anyone know of a shorter alternative?

<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

Edited by: Dan

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, the previous post posted itself!!<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">
The roof mounter aerial is causing us problems as we have a low garage roof. Does anyone know of a shorter alternative?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Stubby ariels are available on ebay which will pick up the stronger radio signals,but i am not sure how well it will pick signals for M & M inc traffic.They are quite cheap so worth a try?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I got a little one for my golf for the same reason... They just unscrew so it's easy.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Got my dealer to put it on DUG before we drove away.

Go back to your dealer and ask for a polo aerial?

VAG Part Number 6R0 035 849

Or check ebey, i had a quick look they about £15.

Edited by: gary02tdi

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just need to get a Polo aerial, I bought one from parts for about £15, looks a lot better.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Gary - do you have your phone connected via Bluetooth? If so have you had any issues with calls via M&M?

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
R1ch, everything seems to work fine, Bluetooth for making and receiving calls, I have a memory card installed to M&M works better than bluetoothed music,
Was speaking to my dealer and they say playing music via Bluetooth something skips. Yeah it does this so that's why I got a memory card.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Thanks Gary. Reason for asking is on one of the listings on eBay for this aerial they say:

"M5 Thread x 20cm long Suitable for AM / FM Radio / Not for use with Telephone prepared Car."

Think I will get one if you haven't had any problems as they do look better.

I have a memory card ready as well as I had heard of the Bluetooth music skipping (not just on the up but generally).

·
Registered
66 Posts
VW Polo one !

1 - 20 of 23 Posts