Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With thanks to RasmusTJ, I retrofitted Maps and More this week to our new Move Up! I agree with Rasmus that the experience of cutting a hole in the brand new dashboard was "gut wrenching"!

One disappointing thing was that I couldn't get on-screen logos for UK radio stations to display (despite having downloaded the logo pack from Navigon).

I've solved the problem. Here's how:
<ul>[*]Using your PC/Mac explore the files on the M+M. You'll find a folder called 'logos' in the 'Mediaplayer' folder. You may need to download the logos from Navigon Fresh first.[*]This folder has the radio station logos in it (but no UK ones). Each logo is a png file of 124x118 pixels.[*]All the logos have a file name such as PI_E1_F219.png[*]The 'PI' part of the file name (which is the same for all the files) indicates that the file name refers to the RDS PI code associated with the radio station. The second part ('E1' in this case) is a country identifier. Not all countries have a unique code, but the codes are spread around Europe to avoid clashes. The UK is one of the 'E1' countries, so all UK logo files will start "PI_E1". You can find a list of the codes used by each country in Appendix G of this document (which tells you more than you ever wanted to know about RDS)[*]The last part of the file name is a hexadecimal code for the radio station. You can find the codes for UK stations here(look at the PI column in the VHF tab of the spreadsheet). For example, the code for BBC Radio 4 is C204. I presume that there are similar lists for other countries.[*]So, the file name that M+M would look for for a logo for BBC Radio 4 is PI_E1_C204.png[*]Now, all you need to do is find all the logos you need, using Google image search, and convert them all into 124x118 pixel png files (I used Photoshop Elements), name them using the rules above and copy the files to the M+M Mediaplayer\logos folder[*]It then just works![/list]Apologies if this information has been posted before, but I couldn't find it.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Wow Marc, that is a lot of effort you have put in. Thank you for sharing.Being an old git...happy with a spanner and screwdriver....I am ashamed to say I do not have a clue what you are on about. I have trouble with my microwave! LOL
Go well.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ther's some damm clever peeps in this forum :) ( and brave....doubt if Id take the chance of ruining the dash!) well done tho!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Thanks Marco. It was bugging me about the logo's also. I'll have a go later with mine. Looks quite easy thanks to your explanation. Cheers!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Excellent.. I shall have a fiddle. Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
811 Posts
Reading Night Owl's post made me smile. I didn't even know radio stations have a logo and, while I understand the actual words, the sentences mean nothing to me. I am also a hammer and spanner guy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
PM me if you want me to email you the logo files that I've already made. I've done all the national stations, plus local ones for the Cardiff area. You're on your own for other local stations!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Great work Marco, been meaning to look into this one myself, looks like you've already done all the hard work! Will be trying this some point over the weekend

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Link to your png files would be great....thanks

·
Registered
261 Posts
lol know exactly where u coming from Ally - If in doubt, give it a clout, and if that dont work, resort to a bigger hammer :)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Yay, worked a treat on mine. Tried one at first, and will do the rest tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Top Man ...works a treat!

Many Thanks

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hi Marco. Thanks once again. I've tried it and it works like a charm!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't have the VW Up yet, so I'm not able to reply if this works here, too.
Anyway for Italy, France, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Greece and some other coutries, you can find the PI code here: http://www.fmlist.org/monitor.php
The interface is in italian, anyway it's pretty easy: choose the country from the list, put the name of the radio under "radio" option, and press "ricerca". You can otherwise write the name of city under "postazione", to get the list of FM radios (and their PI) available in that area.

Edited by: franzbrandi

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks Mark for the excellent work with the Logos

For the convenianceof everyone ( and to save people PM'ing ) I've put them in my dropbox and shared them

Feel free to add this link to your original post

http://db.tt/xtxPgVox

Si

Edited by: BigladUK

1 - 20 of 27 Posts