Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through the accessories brochure and saw that you can get the RMT 200 radio for the up! It costs £270 (or maybe it was £275!) but has a lot more functionality than the RCD 215 supplied with the car. Just wondered if anyone has fitted this and if there,s some kind of trade-off against the existing radio.

·
Registered
727 Posts
The only thing that makes any sense to me is that RCD must mean Radio/CD (which it is) but RMT.. Radio/MT...??

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The RMT has USB in, aux in, Bluetooth function and displays track info etc. ie it does a lot of things the m&m does without having the m&m stuck on the dash. I know I could ask my dealer about it but there's usually someone on here who knows more than he does! Like you Vwild1 I have no idea what RMT stands for. If I find out I'll let you know!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Radio/Magnetic Tape, perhaps? ;-)

Nick

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Still wonder why the up is the ONLY vw without DAB radio !

·
Registered
727 Posts
Privatedoc said:
Still wonder why the up is the ONLY vw without DAB radio !
That was the one option not available for the up! that I really wanted..!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
vwild1 said:
That was the one option not available for the up! that I really wanted..!
Me too......will need to use an aftermarket box ...currently have a pure highway doing the job in current car.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was wondering about this too. Dab reception is iffy here in the countryside anyway. Why I started this thread in the first place was to ask if anyone has experience of the rmt 200 radio that's listed in the up! accessories brochure. It looks like a useful alternative for those who want hands-free phone, USB connection, SD card input without the maps and more. Here's the info.

Volkswagen Genuine RMT200
The MP3 radio with title display, USB slot, SD card reader, iPod/iPhone control and charging, AUX-IN with A2DP audio streaming and Bluetooth hands-free system is the smart all-around solution for the greatest listening pleasure. The stylish piano lacquer appearance creates the perfect look. See the attached price list for more information about the optional adapter cables.
Part number 6Q0 051 228 B £275.00

·
Registered
587 Posts
For the price you are better off just getting the Maps and More and having most of thatfunctionality and Sta Nav!The big shame with the up! is is cannot take a double din unit then at least you could fit one of the many other VW systems such as the RNS315, RCD510 or RNS510, even the RCD310 is a decent unit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My dealer have found a VW approved DAB unit that integrates with the existing unit for £199 which they say can be fitted on delivery. Anyone tried that?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
arthvr said:
My dealer have found a VW approved DAB unit that integrates with the existing unit for £199 which they say can be fitted on delivery. Anyone tried that?

Please share the info....very interested!

·
Registered
13 Posts
It was in a folder the salesman had listing 3rd party accessories approved by VW. I will be going in to sign papers tomorrow and will get the unit's name.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Thanks M8

·
Registered
430 Posts
I cannot believe that car manufacturers are not fitting DAB radios as standard now. I wonder if they will drag it out like they did with radio cassettes. I can remember VW were still fitting radio cassettes as standard when cassettes were virtually obsolete and you couldn't buy them anymore!

I think the new golf has DAB as standard that launches next month though.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts