Up Owners Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first post but long time lurker here. I own a Seat Mii, not a VW Up for reference.

I recently had a some work done on my car by halfords and they wrecked the entire dashboard in the process. I'm in the process of getting it put right but have found a random hole in my dashboard which I'm certain wasn't there before. Can anyone confirm if their car has one please?

It's a rectangular shaped hole in the middle of the dash. It's between the phone mount and the windscreen just infront of the long vent which runs the length of the windscreen. I've attached a photo if that makes it clearer.
Automotive design Grey Rectangle Font Automotive exterior

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi, first post but long time lurker here. I own a Seat Mii, not a VW Up for reference.

I recently had a some work done on my car by halfords and they wrecked the entire dashboard in the process. I'm in the process of getting it put right but have found a random hole in my dashboard which I'm certain wasn't there before. Can anyone confirm if their car has one please?

It's a rectangular shaped hole in the middle of the dash. It's between the phone mount and the windscreen just infront of the long vent which runs the length of the windscreen. I've attached a photo if that makes it clearer. View attachment 7654

Hi Synthetica,

I've just been outside to look at ours (2015 VW Move up) and there's no hole, or cover, in that part of the car. Sorry!

Fingers crossed you get it sorted satisfactorily.

Regards, Tracendaz.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Neither in out 2013 Up. Looks from the picture that its been routed out pretty professionally. That means either the dash was removed or someone had some tooling to lay over and get in there with a right angle router? perhaps for a dash cam etc?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Neither in out 2013 Up. Looks from the picture that its been routed out pretty professionally. That means either the dash was removed or someone had some tooling to lay over and get in there with a right angle router? perhaps for a dash cam etc?
Thanks for checking as well. It was a dash cam fitting, it was the only part of the dash which looked professional after they finished.

·
Super Moderator
1,171 Posts
I have to agree with Dan above, no way do they need to cut holes in the dash to fit a dash cam, it's all routed up the A-Pillar trim from the fuse box, pretty simple to fit.

It may be where the sun sensor sits though? Pretty sure I have one on my GTI, though it's only fitted if it has climatronic aircon...

·
Registered
2 Posts

It's a rectangular shaped hole in the middle of the dash. It's between the phone mount and the windscreen just infront of the long vent which runs the length of the windscreen. I've attached a photo if that makes it clearer. View attachment 7654

Its a Dashboard for car with sunsensor.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts