Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning All!

Had to book the little man in this morningas getting random noises coming through.

Sounds like metal plates moving or something sliding along something metal. Also sometimes turning right there is a strange grinding noise.

Unfortunately with the curse of the intermittent fault I don't anticipate they'll find anything, 3 months old and 2k miles in anyone else had the same sort of thing?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
sounds as simple as a wee stone caught in the brake disc...heres hoping

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah hope so but when you're cruising along the motorway about 65 and hear the noise then it goes away then you hear it again 10 miles up the road, pretty scary!

·
Registered
525 Posts
I had a similar thing, or rather, two similar things! First I got a stone caught, as Privatedoc says, which the nice RAC man took out. That squealed very loudly all the time. Then a couple of weeks later I started to notice a noise that sometimes occurred when I was braking.. It turned out something was slightly misaligned, and as it was the same wheel I suspect the nice RAC man may have inadvertently shifted something. Who knows? What I do know is that the noise wasn't always there. The mechanic took the car out and couldn't hear it, then we went out together. We were about to give up when he suddenly heard it, and after that fixing the problem was dead simple. I hope yours turns out the same.

I find it a pleasure taking the car in to be fixed. You don't have to pay, which is a totally new experience for me. Reminds me of going to the doctor after a series of expensive visits to the vet. It brought it home to me how amazing it is that you don't have to pay for treatment for humans! Or new cars!!!
Edited by: yapmaul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts