Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how many miles the ups will do once they are in the red?
Mine does 230 miles from full to half, then 105 from half to the start of the red zone.

At the half way point, maps and more said I had 230 miles left. (What a load of nonsense)
My car does the same journey with about the same traffic mon to fri every week, tank after tank.

It's a shame they could not have engineered the system to be at least a little bit accurate. Could they not have mapped the dial graphics in a non linear way so you at least know that half a tank is half a tank?

I'm a quality engineer so fussy! Lol

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
You said it pal. QA is a pain in the butt and a drain on the economy. It's not rocket science when the gauge reaches red fill up!!!!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But what's the point of all the data if its no good.

·
Registered
8 Posts
As a fellow Quality eng I know where you are coming from

I take no notice of the gauges.
I have a High UP with 12k on the clock and this morning filled up today after covering 403 miles (speedo trip) without the warning light coming on. It would have only covered a few more miles though. Mixture of dual carriage way and town driving.
Could be worse though.
http://www.expressandstar.com/news/...r-car-overturns-in-black-country-route-smash/

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Beevee said:
You said it pal. QA is a pain in the butt and a drain on the economy. It's not rocket science when the gauge reaches red fill up!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts