Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a noise coming from what I'm pretty certain is from behind the trim that goes behind the driver's seatbelt. It sounds like a crick/crack noise which appears intermittently when the car is being driven over an uneven road (which in this country is most roads!). Has anybody else experienced this? I'm hoping the dealers will be able to sort it; going to try taking it in tomorrow and see what they say.

Also going to mention about the drivers seat squeaking and the headlights not throwing out much light - I upgraded the bulbs as many others have done but I just cannot see very far in front of the car unless I have high beam on.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Have you adjusted the headlight pitch with the little adjuster switch on the dash?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I had. Listers VW had the car and have sorted out all the problems anyway. For those that are interested they replaced the driver's seat base which was squeaking, the headlights were out of alignment so those were readjusted, the rattle was caused by a broken clip on a rear interior trim panel and that was fixed and they also adjusted the handbrake as the cable had stretched.

So all in all very happy and the car was returned back to me cleaned inside and out. I also had a Polo 1.2tdi 3cyl bluemotion to drive around in for 2 days while mine was being sorted - if you think the up's engine is characterful, wait until you drive one of these!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts