Up Owners Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo, I have been to the garage to connect my old amp and subwoofer ,but the guy said that there is no place on RCD 215 for that.He made T-connection from front speakers for the amp and sound now is awful.What else can be done,please? Thanks...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi,you can connect an amplifier by either connecting to pre-outs featured on a head unit or, if the amplifier supports it, you can use a high level input (speaker wires) as an input.

As you mention he has taken a connection from the front speakers, I assume he then has disconnected the factory speaker wires from the front speakers and run you fresh speaker cables from the amplifier to the speakers?

That is the only way you could do this without snipping the speaker wires from the rear of the head unit and running those to the high level input of the amplifier, then doubling back the speaker cables and reconnecting them to the factory speaker wires.

I hope that is clear? I could provide a sketch if required

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for that.Let see what going to come from speakers...<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">
<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

1 - 3 of 3 Posts