Up Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If your motoring along a road with the maps and more playing media, but the sat nav not navigating you anywhere, will it tell you about any upcoming incidents on the road ahead and offer to redirect? Or do you need to be travelling on a planned navigation?

I looked at the instructions, but it didn't really explain it.

Thanks

·
Registered
727 Posts
Rednaxela said:
If your motoring along a road with the maps and more playing media, but the sat nav not navigating you anywhere, will it tell you about any upcoming incidents on the road ahead and offer to redirect?
Redirect..???
Maps & More (like any sat-nav) isn't clairvoyant, it doesn't know where you're "thinking" about driving to so it's obviously not able to redirect to an unknown destination.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vwild1 said:
Rednaxela said:
If your motoring along a road with the maps and more playing media, but the sat nav not navigating you anywhere, will it tell you about any upcoming incidents on the road ahead and offer to redirect? 
Redirect..???
 Maps & More (like any sat-nav) isn't clairvoyant, it doesn't know where you're "thinking" about driving to so it's obviously not able to redirect to an unknown destination.
Lol, yeah, but if I was on the M11 or something going in a direction, would it tell me that there is trouble ahead?

·
Registered
421 Posts
I know what you mean if there was traffic and the answer is probably no if it doesn't know where you're going how would it know where to divert you past the traffice to get to your destination?!?

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
no its like my tomtom, it wouldnt re-direct due to incidents unless you are on a planned route

·
Registered
727 Posts
Rednaxela said:
Lol, yeah, but if I was on the M11 or something going in a direction, would it tell me that there is trouble ahead?
Got a radio..? Turn on TP (upper righthand button).

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok cool will stick to tp or just put in my destination if I'm on a trip..

.. So TP isn't the teleporter then?
oh well...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
vwild1 said:
Rednaxela said:
Got a radio..? Turn on TP (upper righthand button).

Liking the silver dash against the black... Very nice.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Bugger! And here I was expecting my M&M to not only know instinctively where I want to go but to take over the driving when I felt like a nap

And what a cool idea about TP being the teleporter, except for one thing. If it WAS, we wouldn't need the up! would we

Seriously though, is it dumb to hope that the M&M could at least recognise where we are and warn us of potential problems on the road we're already on within say, 5 miles, without needing to know where we're actually going? At least that way, you've got the option of either making a conscious decision to re-route yourself or pull over, switch on the satnav and get it to re-direct you. Or am I just having another senior moment?

·
Registered
727 Posts
There is a service on the M&M called TMC (traffic information service) which does do redirects but I'm not sure if you can also see the TMC reports if you are just viewing the map (Garmin shows the reports even if you are only viewing your present location). Obviously the reports can't give you an alternate route since it has no idea where you intend on driving to.

See the M&M manual starting on page 89 for more information:

http://www.navigon.com/portal/common/Download/Manual/PNA/MapsMore/maps_x_more_UK.pdf

Edited by: vwild1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts