Up Owners Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are a couple of pics of my Tungsten Silver High Up at the dealers before being prepared. I took the photos a few days ago on Monday, and will be picking it up tomorrow (Thursday).

Everything's come together perfectly: when I decided to change my car the dealer offered me a Tungsten Silver one they had en route (I'd have picked that colour anyway if I'd had time to wait for a factory order). The bits and bobs I ordered online for it (mats, new headlamp bulbs, a cable for my iPhone) have all arrived over the past few days ready for when I take delivery.

I'm looking forward to it - I'll post some more pics of the car in 'road readiness' garb!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I really like the silver, personally I think that you should wrap the roof black, I think all of the ups look 10x better with a black roof but it's still a beauty, bet you can't wait to jump in it hah

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jmansf: yes, the 'wrapped' ones I've seen (well, pics not seen one physically yet) do look good. I'm considering having the rear windows tinted like on cars with the sports pack option.

You're right - I'm really looking forward to getting behind the wheel :)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
shakotanVIP said:
Roof wrapping is 'so' 2012, and pretty most every bugger does it. I actually like the fact I'm being relatively unique by leaving mine a nice shiny white.

Sorry to add but shakotanVIP is leaving his roof shinywhite but wrapping the rest of his car black!
thats the 2013 look

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I get your point, I wrapped mine, it didn't feel special anymore so it only lasted about a week or so before it got binned. It's tough to keep it looking fresh and different these days!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
When you pulled yours off Dave did it leave any residue and if so what did you use to remove it? I watched a youtube video that had a black rangey wrapped white and they peeled it all off and it was a massive mess underneath that would need cleaning off! Then they re wrapped it lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tinted windows and a wrapped roof are a must in the different up colours for me, they really blend in with the black glass, unless you have black ofcourse

·
Registered
48 Posts
My opinion on matters like this are, if you think it looks good get it, if you don't, don't, it's a personal opinion, it doesn't matter if a lot of people have it or its too 'mainstream' or out of fashion, it's about personal preference, their are 6/7 billion people on this planet, you can never be 100% unique, well I suppose you could tie a horse to the front of your car and let it pull you, but that's just silly

·
Registered
583 Posts
Jmansf said:
Tinted windows and a wrapped roof are a must in the different up colours for me, they really blend in with the black glass, unless you have black ofcourse
Black roof is nice if one also has the sunroof - which is a big black area anyway - and gets the rear window tinted, thus creating an area of sheer blackness from the windshield, over the roof, straight to the rear bumper .

But without the sunroof, it looks just as good without wrapping to me.

Wrapping the roof in black also draws more heat in summer.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Took delivery of my new up! this past Thursday 12th, and so far I'm very impressed. It's amazing how much of a 'big car' feel you get from such a small car. Here's a few pics on hand over day, and a couple of days later.

The dealer hand over was very professional and comprehensive, and included the 'unveiling' treatment as you can see from the first pic below.

Hope you like them!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Looks ace, love that colour.

That is the way to do a handover! In the showroom with a cover on. My up was presented to me outside in the rain

Hope your enjoying it

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ironically, the dealer had just moved back into their refurbished/extended showroom when I took delivery. A week earlier, and I'd have had no 'unveiling' as there was no room - they were sharing with the commercial showroom round the corner for a while.

Very impressed so far, thanks. I notice you took delivery just before me - hope you're enjoying your up!, too :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts