Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning everyone!Congratulations with the first snow in Riga! Good that I changed to winter wheels and tires this week.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As the exhaust collector is built already in the engine (not behind the engine like for other cars), the engine heat's up to work t' after some 10 minutes (tested in 0,5' C outside t').

Seat heater is doing it's job (warm after max 2 minutes).
The only thing - there is no heated washer nozzles and also wipers are pretty hard in the beginning, but after some 5 minutes they get warmer and softer (no more grrr.r..r.. sound from them).

I can say the Up! warms up better than Beetle 2012 1.2TSI!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Great info, thanks. So jealous you have you car already :) I hope I will be driving mine first week of December.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Just put my winters on, -2 thismorning where I live! no snow though (kids disappointed!)

·
Registered
619 Posts
I'm going to put on my winter wheels/tyres this weekend. Incidentally, has anyone bought any caps to cover the centre hole on their steel wheels?

I was a bit worried that dirt and grime would collect in this area and thought a wheel trim would not keep the grime out. The parts department at my local VW dealership say they don't sell anything other than alloy wheel caps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts