Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, im a week 21'er, and should be built. From the sounds of things, our VW dealers are not entirely sure about anything regarding delivery! Therefore, i am making this post, requesting people WHO HAVE THEIR CARS, or WHO HAVE BEEN GIVEN A CONFIRMED COLLECTION DATE, to list simply two things :
EXACT BUILD WEEK/DATE
EXACT COLLECTION DATE

From this, us people who are waiting for our cars will be able to see REAL timings and gaps between build dates and actually getting the car, rather than the standard "3-4 weeks from build date". From this data, i will collect everything together and make some sort of graph or table, from which i will be able to work out a more accurate estimate. We may find that the waiting time has actually changed over the weeks since production started, and a trend will become visible.

Please keep posts simple and try to keep them in the same format as the person before, so its easy for me, prefferable in capitals and seperated from any other messages/chatting you wish to post in this thread.

Thanks! Hope this works and helps, as the other BUILD DATE post is abit messy now!

·
Registered
172 Posts
To be fair on the dealers, they have no control over the delivery process from when the car leaves the factory until it actually reaches their dealership. My dealer keeps my up-to-date with all the information that he can get but he is as frustrated as me that he is not able to get a date for the car's arrival at the dealership.

If it helps, my car was ordered early March and was built week 20. It left the factory on 17 May and arrived at Tyne this morning where it is waiting to clear customs. My dealer's most hopeful guess is that the car will reach him some time next week although VW officially state that cars can sit at the dock for up to 15 working days!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am aware of that topic, but it isnt very clear, its all mixed up and not easy to compare peoples times. And alot of the data is imcomplete as some people are not aware of some dates. In this post i am asking for just a simple few lines which are clearer, and just for people who actually have their cars or a collection date, rather than an EXPECTED date

·
Registered
23 Posts
great idea !As someone who has not got a clue about when I should expect delivery I think the same as you get the info from the folk who have got theirs and keep it simple I couldn't make head nor tail of the other post really!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Ordered - 3rd MarchBuilt week 15 -w/c 9th April
Arrived at garage -26th April
Picked up - 3rd May

·
Registered
214 Posts
GaveUP, well that seems pretty good from order to completion. I am hoping we don't wait too long either.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Wow Mike, you must be chuffed...8 weeks....wish mine is that fast...lookingg like 12 weeks or so here in Scotland!.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow yes ! I'm certainly chuffed my first Brand New car too(I'M 64 ) I have to be honest and say I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to come ! and only a few days to go my Dealer phoned just before and is sending a car to pick my wife and I up on Monday Wow Yes !

·
Registered
956 Posts
highupmike said:
Wow yes ! I'm certainly chuffed my first Brand New car too(I'M 64 ) I have to be honest and say I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to come ! and only a few days to go my Dealer phoned just before and is sending a car to pick my wife and I up on Monday Wow Yes !

That's excellent news Mike and I'm so jealous. I know mine's on the ship now but it's been 10.5 weeks and counting and no sign of me getting it for a couple of weeks yet so good for you to have got yours so quickly

·
Registered
956 Posts
Apologies FirstCarUp, just realised which post I'm on and you didn't want it cluttering up with general stuff

·
Registered
198 Posts
EXACT BUILD WEEK/DATE 16
EXACT COLLECTION DATE 15th May
Ordered 4th March
Arrived at dealer 10th May

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ordered 20th March
Build week 18 (30th April-4th May)