Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone de-weipered the rear window?How hard is it to do and have you got any picture of where the clips are for the plastic trim on the boot?

Thanks.

P.s for those who are going to ask "Why would you want to do that?! You wont be able to see out the back window!"

The answer for that is because its my car, I can do what I want.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Lambo-27 said:
P.s for those who are going to ask "Why would you want to do that?! You wont be able to see out the back window!" 

Tell that to the person you reverse into in the car park because you can't see them

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Lambo-27 said:
Has anyone de-weipered the rear window? How hard is it to do and have you got any picture of where the clips are for the plastic trim on the boot? 

Thanks.

Of course you can do what ever you want to your car as long as you know what you are doing!! Don't forget to tell your insurer what you have done.

·
Registered
811 Posts
If you search the forum there are several de-wipered examples out there, one from Norway from memory. They do look good but it isn't for me to be honest. Each to his own though.

I have just added to the post from Norway so you can have a look.
Edited by: Allybasher

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I've seen pictures of de-wipered up!s but was looking for someone to show me pictures of where the clips were and give some advice

·
Registered
727 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
spud said:
Lambo-27 said:

Tell that to the person you reverse into in the car park because you can't see them

Your rear window is not going to get sufficiently dirty on a single journey to prevent you from seeing another vehicle our of the rear.

Please stop being so ridiculously flippant.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Some of us find it difficult to understand why some of these modifications are done. In these days of cost cutting the designer of the Up! must have thought it was necessary to have a rear wiper otherwise one would not have been included. You are, of course, free to do whatever you like to your car as long as it is within the law. Please remember to tell your insurer what modifications you have done, however small, to protect your cover in the event of a claim š˜š š§Edited by: Beevee

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For MOT you don't need a rear window never mind a rear wiper, but yes, insurance is always told about modifications :)Edited by: Lambo-27

·
Registered
604 Posts
shakotanVIP said:
Lambo-27 said:
For MOT you don't need a rear window never mind a rear wiper, but yes, insurance is always told about modifications :)

Neither do you need a windscreen or front windscreen wipers! ;)
If you have windscreen you must have front wipers and they must be in good condition

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
spud said:
shakotanVIP said:
Lambo-27 said:
For MOT you don't need a rear window never mind a rear wiper, but yes, insurance is always told about modifications :)

Neither do you need a windscreen or front windscreen wipers! ;)
If you have windscreen you must have front wipers and they must be in good condition

Yes, IF you have a windscreen, but I was saying that you can present a car without a windscreen and wipers and it will still pass the test.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts