Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,just a quick question.Just been informed my back lights are not working,brake lights fine.It's gotta be a fuse,right?
Have found the fuse box but there are so many in there I'd be there all day pulling them out and refitting.Can anyone kindly tell me the relevant fuse,colour and strength?
Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hi there,
Just checking which of the back lights aren't working, and what model/year you have? There are up to 5 bulbs in the rear light assemblies and rather more fuses, so it would help to narrow things down!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi,thanks for replying,
My car is a 3 door TakeUp,2014.Brake and indicator lights work,but no tail lights.Cheers.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks for the info. 2014 means you have 5 light bulbs, not a mix of bulbs and non-replaceable LEDs. In order from top to bottom within the assembly, they are:
  • brake light
  • turn signal
  • tail light
  • reversing light
  • fog light
Two things to check, then:
- the two tail light fuses are under the driver's side dash panel, but also control other lights; if these other lights are working, it's less likely to be the fuse:
#21 (7.5A) - controls the right-hand tail light, side light, number plate light
#23 (7.5A) - controls the left-hand side tail light and side light
See this site for a locating diagramme.

- to access the bulbs themselves you will need to get in through the boot to remove the assembly (tail lights are 12V P21/4W bulbs, if they need replacing). See the following video:

If all of these check out then the next level up in the electrics is the rotary light switch on the dash. Let us know how you get on with the basic checks before we tackle that one, then!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts