Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Not an Up / Mii / Citigo owner but very much impressed and a fan. I like the Mii just based on the styling of the front end.

However I have realised that the back end looks drab and its thanks to those rear lights. The Up has MUCH nicer tail lights.

Can anyone confirm if they can be switched over easily enough?

Cheers

Mii :

Up:

Edited by: bluestreak56

·
Registered
705 Posts
Can you try loading the pictures again.

Nick

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm also with you. I like very much the Mii, but the rear lights are not so good as the rest of the car.

I think that will not fit, becouse the shape seem different. But I can be wrong.
Anyway the image from photoshop looks good! :)

EDIT: photoshop here again :p but to show the different shape..

Edited by: diesel701

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Those triangular rear lights are horrible, probably the worse part of the car. I think they've done it to try and mimic the old Seat Arosa tail-lights. It certainly doesn't appear that you can switch in up! or Citigo rear lights, but perhaps using some red Lamin-X or red tint spray to reduce the impact of the shape of the indicator and reversing light would help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I hope that in future will be some tuned rear lights, maybe with LED. Or maybe a new restyling of the car with better lights..
The car is very very good, but rear ligths could be done better

·
Registered
583 Posts
I wonder if the connector on the Citigo rear lights is the same as on the VW up!

The shape of the lights is the same.
I wonder if it's just a question of disconnecting one, connecting the other and done ...Edited by: _1S_

·
Registered
705 Posts
Look closely at the bottom left-hand edge of the light clusters. They are a completely different shape. Those on the Mii have a straight line leading up to a sharp bend, whilst on the up! they are flatter and lead to a much larger radius curve. The Mii and the up! (and presumably the Citigo) have unique rear valances.

Nick

·
Registered
142 Posts
valence probley the same, all about bumper design i reckon.

·
Registered
229 Posts
this was the exact same problem with Lupo's and Arosa's. Arosa's had these fugly triangle lights where as Lupo's had nice ones, alot of Arosa owners put Lupo lights in which were a direct fit but the wiring was slightly different, If it was the same with these some smartelectriciancould figure it out ;)

·
Registered
583 Posts
Collas said:
Look closely at the bottom left-hand edge of the light clusters. They are a completely different shape. Those on the Mii have a straight line leading up to a sharp bend, whilst on the up! they are flatter and lead to a much larger radius curve. The Mii and the up! (and presumably the Citigo) have unique rear valances.

Nick
Mii is different, with a different bumper to fit the lights, but the up! and Citigo lights sure look interchangeable - at least on the outside.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats a shame .. the Mii has a much nicer front end which is obviously not easy to change over.. I wonder if the Up lights can be *modded* to fit the Mii..

Thanks for all the responses so far, I didnt expect to spark such a conversation! (I thought it was just me who was so obtuse about these things!)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts