Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I totally concur with the recent comment on the fitting of mud flaps. I have fitted them on the back of my "UP" and as far as I can see it has made no difference to the amount of dirt flung up andaccumulated on the tail gate after fitting.I have purchased a pair for the front but am reluctant to fit them now, plus whenI offered them up to try,the bracket does not fitsnug without chipping come of the underseal away which Ido not think would be a good idea on a three week old car

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi, That's fascinating, I've ordered front and rear mudflaps for my Up! but are not sure now whether to fit them. Would they help to prevent small stones like road chippings from flicking up and damaging the paintwork, do you think? The back end of flat backed cars are notorious for flinging up the dirt in the low pressure void created around that area. I've also opted for the rear spoiler and all the skirts and are not sure if the mudflaps can even be fitted with the skirts. Hopefully all that lot will disrupt the airflow around the arse end especially.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I suppose you will not know until you try.I agree though thatthe rear flaps may stop small stones flicking up.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Got them on mine, the back still get grubby but the front I think make a slight difference. Got my set for £45 and fitted myself.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Personally I always put front mudflaps on all the cars I've had. I find it does help prevent some damage to the sides and certainly helps with keeping tar off.

I never put on rear mudflaps. As has been said, the back of any vehicle that's as straight as the up is just going to attract all the cr%$ under the sun.

To go back to the original question, cannot see how they can be attached if the car has side skirts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts