Up Owners Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

We bought a high up in white for the 'mrs' and I have been driving it too. It's a great car to drive and so economical.

I like it so much I have decided to chop in my Volvo estate for one too! This will be an Up! Black. His and hers ups!

I am thinking about having the rear roof spoiler fitted... Has anyone got pics of one of these fitted to an up, most pics on the Internet are of the new GT. spoiler which isn't the same. The one in the accessories catalogue is hard to tell the difference between the standard one, however the dealer says its actually an extension, and bigger than the standard.

I am thinking of having it wrapped in black Matt carbon vinyl rather than having it painted. I know it's boy racer but I'd like to make my up my own. I will have the lower rear bumper wrapped too.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Welcome, and well done for ordering two ups!
Sounds like the spoiler will look good: not too OTT.
Carbon wrap will cost a fair bit, but you'll probably have the only up! with it for a while at least.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only the spoiler and rear bumper bottom will be wrapped in carbon... Boy imagine the whole car 'wrapped Up!' that would be a sight, Edited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Buddy,This is the one the dealer will supply you-

No problem glad to be of service just dont forget me if you need some H&R lowering springs, luxury mats with various coloured leather edging or Heko wind deflectors all with forum discount

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great. Good pictures, they show it well and it looks good. Do you know how it is fixed on. I had a mini and the spoiler was simply glued on, I wonder if this is the same?Edited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
58 Posts
I believe it is glued on with sikaflex, the VW T5 ones we have fitted in the past are bolted down and stuck on using sikaflex but to be honest we dont use the bolts as there is no need plus drilling the rear doors is a bit of a ballache even with the templates vw give you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Craig200588 said:
I'm getting a spoiler for my Up, only thing is my dealer said they won't be available till later on in the year :(

Hi
I personally do not think its much different to the one already on the UP! (spoiler)
Big spoilers are a bit dated now anyway......the one supplied is just right.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mmmm personal taste grumps I think you will find. It's not exactly a 'whale tail' is it though? Look at all the gti versions of the vw/ skoda etc and they all have much bigger rear spoilers than this one.Edited by: Markmod1

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I saw the factory spoiler and it looks pretty good, so I called the dealer and cancelled the dealer fit spoiler...

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
My dealer advised me against paying extra for the spoiler, he said it wasn't that much different to what's on the car anyway

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It goes over the original spoiler and just makes it bigger.anyway I didn't get the spoiler for mine, I spent the money on a roof rack (Thule) and a massive 3 metre long rigtube for my laser boat sails. Google rigtube and you will see what I'm talking about.

When it's attached to the roof of my car it's like sitting in a tank with a gun barrel sticking out front!

"stick em UP!"

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
That sounds pretty cool!!!

·
Registered
73 Posts
My dealer steered me away from the spoiler. Said the had a few problems with them falling off! I think the standard one is just right, but it's all personal taste

·
Registered
114 Posts
I ordered the original rear spoiler after seeing it at the dealer's. It will be painted the same as the car and fitted by the dealer as well. It was quite pricey (about 400 euros) but it gives the car (Mii Sport) a more sporty look I like. I am glad it isn't too over the top, like someone who bolted a camping table to their car :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Anybody had a quote for a rear diffuser?

I quite like the look of the Rock Up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts