Up Owners Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just this minute registered so I can post a question on this forum. I've looked for similar queries but not found anything. Apologies if I have missed the answer somewhere.
I got a 64 Move UP! mid September and am on the whole very pleased with it, and generally it does what I want - short trips to and from school - brilliantly. The problem is however with the rear seat belt - it is very temperamental and does not always pull out freely. I have a high back booster seat permanently in place, and the seat belt is threaded through a guide. According to the booster seat manufacturer the seat is compatible with the UP!. Some days the belt just will not pull out, regardless where I pull on the belt, and even after leaving it to unlock it still will not move. This is happening on one side of the car far more often than the other, but when the other side also stuck I began to doubt myself, thinking I was doing something wrong. VW are happy to replace under warranty, but my nearest garage is an hour a way and since the seat belt sometimes works I do not want to drive there to be told there is no issue. I was wondering if anybody has had a similar experience and what their solution was.
Thank you for any input.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got the same problem on my wife's 64 plate SEAT mii. Offside rear belt impossible to pull out. Waiting new belt which the dealer has ordered.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts