Up Owners Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the last two trips I've made, I noticed that there were a pair of horshoe-shaped symbols in the main instrument display, to the right of the trip-meter read-out. They illuminated briefly and then went out after a few minutes. I was puzzled, so I had a look at the manual when I got to work.

It seems that they are warnings that the rear-seat belts aren't fastened. I believe that there is some kind of sensor fitted in the seats to alert the driver to passenger's who haven't belted-up, so why have they started to come on when there's only me in the car and nothing on the rear seats?

Nick

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
They always come on and if you do the belt up, it shows a different symbol, ie belted...great if you have wee kids who bugger about with the seatbelts. it helps increase the ncap star rating amazingly !!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
You have yet to enjoy the front seat belt warning. Place a heavy shopping bag on the front seat, and you get a regular 'bong'. After a while it changes to a metallic 'ping', rather like one of those small bike bells. And after another short time, 5 minutes maybe, it changes to a third tone.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I don't think you could drive without your front seat belts on, the noise is so annoying.

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
I put the belt round a heavy bag.....biggest fear is it sliding and scratching the lovely shiney dash!

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you ignore it the seat belt gong does eventually stop -- after about 3 miles! You've got to be pretty hardcore to put up with it for that long, though!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts