Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it normal for the rear seat passenger symbol to be displayed all the time even when no one is sitting in the back?

I don't get the audible warning just the two icons that look like empty seats.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
no it shouldnt be showing all the time, least i dont think so, at least not with the seat belt indication, i think it showed on mine once when i had bags on the back seat

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
It will show up if you have bags in the back seats though... This is because the seats have weight sensors so they only warn you if they think someone is sitting there!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have anything on the back seats. I will have to check on the way home tonight to see if they stay on for the whole journey or not. I think they are.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I sometimes get the warning lights when the car is started, but not for every journey. The lights soon go out though. And there's nothing on the seats at all.

Nick

·
Registered
25 Posts
As far as I have worked out there are NO occupancy sensors on the rear seats, just seat belt sensors (there is also no occupancy sensor on the driver's seat, but that is another matter). As such it sort of assumes there's someone there and the image of the two seats appears on the dash irrespective. I think the idea is that you don't have to crane your neck around to see if the rear seat passengers belt up or not! Whatever you do the symbols (no seat belt fitted or seat belt fitted) go out after about a minute. However, once fitted, if the belts are unplugged whilst the vehicle is in motion then the warning buzzer sounds. Presumably the idea behind this is to stop children "fiddling"/"playing" and removing their seat belts without the driver being aware of it.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
it's cool! I caught one of my kids playing with their belt on a journey cos of the system... It's cool!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts