Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i have just installed a great idea that come over me yesterday when i left my rear shelf upi!!!i went to the pound shop and got a mop pole (cost £1.50 ) .i installed the pole with some velcro to the head lining.so when i leave the shelve up i just use the pole to knock it down when driving. hope this helps .

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I have a cheaper remedy. Just remember to put the shelf down before driving off!!š—‘»

·
Registered
851 Posts
Isn't that a bit like adding another fuel tank in case you forget to put petrol in the tank that came with the car?

·
Registered
397 Posts
blackpool1980 said:
hi all i have just installed a great idea that come over me yesterday when i left my rear shelf upi!!!.
I'm working on another idea. A single length of cord, one end fixed to the top of the back seat and the other to the tailgate such that the cord is draped over the leading edge of the parcel shelf. As the tailgate gets shut, the cord pulls across the leading edge of the parcel shelf and pulls it downwards (if it's not shut already!)

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
When I get my GT, the G-Force alone from acceleration will return the shelf to its down position!
(PS, I'm not allowed a GT, as I originally told my wife that the purchase of the up was for a low cost commuter car)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts