Up Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been putting some new speakers through my up, got the fronts in no problem and the backs are all mounted and the wires routed.

The only problem I'm having is the is the connectors to the radio itself. I've been following the DIY guide on here which has gotten me right up to the end but the only part I'm missing is the connectors. The guide says to get ''AMP pins'' but it may be my stupidity but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Can anyone point me in the direction of these online?

Also, when trying to get the radio back in I'm getting resistance which is stopping me pushing it back in. Should the radio just slide back in easily?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,051 Posts
Pop into your local VW garage and ask for

X2 000 979 133 E repair wire

https://www.upownersclub.co.uk/d2/uploads/2720/000979133e.jpg

These are a double-ended yellow cable with the correct connector to fit into the multi-plug on the radio harness. Then just attach your speaker cables to them and job done! They retail at £3.04 inc vat each.
Edited by: lupogtiboy

·
Registered
22 Posts
can i ask, how did you take the rear door panel off and how did you get the speaker wires out of the door and into the frame of the car please

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 3 door up so I assume the process may be different if you have a 5 door.

To get the rear panel off I just used a fair aroumd of force and wiggling to get the panel out.

And mounting, I put 6x9s in so I made up a bracket out of MDF and just bolted it on to the exisitng holes behind the trim.

For 5 door the rears are apparently the same as removing the fronts.

This helped me

http://workshop-manuals.com/volkswagen/up/body/general_body_repairs_interior/trim_noise_insulation/door_trims/removing_and_installing_rear_door_trim/removing_and_installing_door_trim/

The wires were easy since I have a 3 door. I would assume with the 5 door you have to feed the speaker cable along with any factory ones similar to the fronts, but I have no experience with this so I wouldn't pay any attention to me.Edited by: Smyth

1 - 5 of 5 Posts