Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie question alert!
Am I right in thinking the Up! does not come with rear inner wheel arch liners? Just seems very noisy over gravel and in the rain, also surely can't be good for the car long term with all that muck getting up into the arch....

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
You are right yes. Silly isn't it. IIRC though, there is a company that manufactures them, and you can buy them off the web. I can't remember how much they are though

inderskaerme.dk

You can get them here, they're about £180 I think. Edited by: Davec86

·
Registered
84 Posts
Good post. I will follow this thread as driving in Norway is like driving in a third worldcountrywhen it comes to the quality of the roads. Gravel, stones and pot holes are everywhere.

I don't want to make a DIY solution as I'm afraid of road salt getting stuck in the arches.

Edited by: stratcast

·
Registered
62 Posts
I would, clean the under surface of the wheel arch and then spray anti-rust paint under the wheel arch and then as a next step open the boot, remove the liner covering the interior part of the wheel arch (from inside the car) and apply foam insulation sheet to it. Easily done and very effective and cures both rust problem and noise insulation. I have done that in my Aygo.

Stratcast, since you are from Norway, you can go to the nearest Biltema and buy two spray cans of anti-rust spray and the self sticking foam sheets with shiny lining, cheap and effective!

Edited by: Raj55

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yep, I was thinking about this stuff.Good idea with the anti-rust spray! Thanks :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Theres already underseal in the arches, they are protected from the elements well. Non of us will keep these cars long enough to worry about rust!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Maybe not in the UK but with the heavy use of road salt in manycountries, even 6-18 month old cars have shown signs of rust developing. The rust warranty will not cover this, at least in Norway.

Source

·
Registered
113 Posts
Same here, rust warranty only counts if the rust develops from inside a panel not outside! Sure, components etc rust quickly but the bodies here last well these days. Unless its an original Ford Ka, they rust everywhere like a proper old car!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts