Up Owners Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the back of the up is all glass, I could modify my wiper so that it just goes round and around, instead of backwards and forwards!!!

THEN,I could add a speed controller so it rotates up tp500rpm, this keeping all water from the screen at all times!!

I should work for VW design!

Edited by: Rednaxela

·
Registered
423 Posts
Think of the screeching when the blade wears out every time you use it

·
Registered
38 Posts
What about a rotating window like on ships? Part of the window is a circular rotating disc which keeps clean by the centrifugal force...

·
Registered
727 Posts
Rednaxela said:
THEN,I could add a speed controller so it rotates up tp500rpm, this keeping all water from the screen at all times!!

Someone needs to take their car out of reverse a little more often..

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Rednaxela said:
As the back of the up is all glass, I could modify my wiper so that it just goes round and around, instead of backwards and forwards!!!
]
LOL. Sounds like a great idea

·
Registered
304 Posts
How about mounting a fan blade on it.... Worth another 4/5 mile to the gallon on a run I thinks as its going round and round!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Markmod1 said:
How about mounting a fan blade on it.... Worth another 4/5 mile to the gallon on a run I thinks as its going round and round!
Yeah, but people may start calling my car chitty chitty bang bang...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Rednaxela said:

THEN, I could add a speed controller so it rotates up tp 500rpm, this keeping all water from the screen at all times!!

Quick!! Someone find his pills!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol, I've had my pills, but I think they may need reviewing..

My next design mod will be a turbo fan with 87 inlets. When operated, the machine will suck in all spray from around the vehicle before it has time to touch the bodywork. Thus removing the requirement for mud flaps and the car wash. The collected spray will then be sold back to the water company, like they do with electricity if you have solar panels. (patent pending)Edited by: Rednaxela

·
Registered
94 Posts
Neat idea but rather than collect all the water which could compensate economy and handling, I'll opt for passing some of it through a fine filter to top up the screen wash reservoir. The mucky stuff that's left can then be ejected out the rear at the press of a button over anyone who dares tailgate my up!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Liking that one Mattyup

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MattyUp said:
Neat idea but rather than collect all the water which could compensate economy and handling, I'll opt for passing some of it through a fine filter to top up the screen wash reservoir. The mucky stuff that's left can then be ejected out the rear at the press of a button over anyone who dares tailgate my up!
Love it!!

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
MattyUp said:
Sounds a bit James Bond

1 - 14 of 14 Posts