Up Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After taking my high up to VW to replace a fuse which had blown leaving me with no washer sprays I have now noticed when I reverse the rear wiper does not automatically come on, I have only done 1200 miles and am now on my second problem is this how its going to be. I thought buying a new car was supposed to be trouble free motoring I know these are small problems but its giving me the hump, RANT OVER

·
Registered
265 Posts
Rear wiper automatically coming on when reversing? never even herd of it.My 2012 BMW 520d certainly doesn't do it.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
It should happen, if you have the wipers on then select reverse.
Can't say I have problems with the rear wiper though, it's in my cupboard home!

·
Registered
604 Posts
mine works fine

but don't think a problem like that would put me off buying a new car in future, I have had a lot worse things go wrong when buying 2nd hand like the engine blowing up!

·
Registered
811 Posts
My Take Up is nearly a year old (which is a frightening thought) and absolutely nothing has gone wrong with it.

As Spud says second hand cars can be much worse. Before Up number 2 I had a 3 year old Focus for 7 months, it had an ABS fault, a wheel bearing went and when I got rid it was due for 4 new tyres at £125 a corner and a service at £150. I am going to stick with new cars again now.

·
Registered
239 Posts
yiddo said:
I have now noticed when I reverse the rear wiper does not automatically come on
The rear wiper comes on only if the front wiper has been switched on before you reverse. If you reverse and you switch on the front wiper after that, then the rear wiper does not come on.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have now realised i have messed up, my fault sorry. My front wipers were not in operation. DOH

·
Registered
811 Posts
At least you spotted it before you complained to the dealer!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts