Up Owners Club banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered on March 10th and was told yesterday that my car will be built in week 16 (w/c 18th April) much earlier than expected, even the dealer was shocked :D:D:D

Build is for a Black 3 door with Cruise, Climate and Beats...fingers crossed it happens.

:)

·
Registered
147 Posts
That’s brilliant 🤩 Hopefully mine won’t be delayed to much after the factory closure this week. I won’t know until it reopens next week whether mine was built as planned but your build date gives me hope too 👏

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi all. Newbie here - been lurking around for a few weeks; just registered today. I took the plunge and ordered a GTI on 24 Feb - downsizing from a T6 Transporter. Build week confirmed as week 13 (w/b 28 March) but still no chassis number on the dealers system due to the production pauses. I’d even started tracking the vehicle carriers from Emden to Grimsby 😂 hopefully not too much longer to wait.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Welcome and great to hear you have same build week as me so they should arrive at the same time. My dealer hasn’t told me anything about mine. Has yours been built so you know or is it like me and waiting for factory to open next week for confirmation?

·
Registered
49 Posts
My dealer gave me an update on Monday (4th). Still no chassis number visible on their system so not built. When I ordered it they said May would be a sensible guess for delivery. I guess once built it’ll take a while to get into the UK.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Yes I guess we need to wait for a new build date then. Once it’s built I think it’s between 2 weeks and a month to arrive. As long as it’s built this month then May as you say looks hopeful. It’s fun watching the boats come over once on its way so I’ll be doing that too 😂

·
Registered
147 Posts
White. 5 door. Beats. Climate. Cruise/Park. Light & Sight. I’ll let you know Manc lad if I get any more updates - ours could be nose to tail down the production line (y)
Lovely that’s great as I’m having to do all the chasing of mine and know more about the factory closures than they do 🙈 Yes they should follow each other although as mine is red it will be faster 😂😂😂👍👍

·
Registered
49 Posts
Another production pause for 24hrs this week 😬

·
Registered
147 Posts
Another production pause for 24hrs this week 😬
🙈🙈🙈

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered my 3 door silicone grey GTi on 22/3/22. I checked with the dealer yesterday and they are still saying week 26 is estimated as build week for mine 😞 At this rate I could be getting it registered as a 72 plate not 22!

1 - 20 of 99 Posts