Up Owners Club banner
41 - 60 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Are your cars on time, ahead of scheduled build week, or delayed? Only asking as I’ve still got week 24 unconfirmed (code 10) at the mo, so I’m curious to know whether it may be on time or earlier or late.
I ordered 10th March (week 10) but was told a very pissamistic week 29 for delivery!

Reactions: TheWackyRacer

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Ha yes well my dealer said with bank holiday it may sit at Grimsby until after bank holiday by which time they may catch up. Remember the tortoise and the hare 😂😂😂
All your cars are likely to pass my house within a few hundred yards as they go down the M180 out of GY :D

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Bah
Bah I ordered week before you and it looks like you will be the winner as mine says still status 30 😢 Mind you if I’m on the next shop and it’s a bank holiday I’m still in with a chance of catching you 😂😂😂
Just looked, mines code 30 too :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are your cars on time, ahead of scheduled build week, or delayed? Only asking as I’ve still got week 24 unconfirmed (code 10) at the mo, so I’m curious to know whether it may be on time or earlier or late.
I've not heard anything but my salesman is away so I expect the next thing will be that its ready to pick up ( fingers crossed )

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I'm less than 10 miles from Grimsby but I have to collect from Donny VW :p (Grimsby VW has closed but I'd already washed my hands of Marshals!)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've not heard anything but my salesman is away so I expect the next thing will be that its ready to pick up ( fingers crossed )
In the last two days I have toyed with opting for an in stock demo car that’s done 1k miles, which would make me the second owner of a car barely two months old, or wait for the one I’ve ordered, which will be brand new and I will be 1st owner. I’m thinking of sell-on value of a one owner car whenever I look to sell it further down the line.

Just wondering what you all would have chosen to go for: the demo car or wait for the newbie?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had the choice of two demo’s. One 3 months old, the other 4. Both circa 1200 miles and £1500 above list. Better deal for me was new, with a bit of discount and a free service plan. Dealer said circa 12 weeks wait which has turned out to be fairly accurate. If it were me, it would all be down to price and your individual circumstances 👍

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had the choice of two demo’s. One 3 months old, the other 4. Both circa 1200 miles and £1500 above list. Better deal for me was new, with a bit of discount and a free service plan. Dealer said circa 12 weeks wait which has turned out to be fairly accurate. If it were me, it would all be down to price and your individual circumstances 👍
After owning 3 red non GTi ups just thought a change would be good 😆

·
Registered
9 Posts
No value at all in ex demo. Best deals by far on factory order and a 12 week wait is well worth it and having the first owner new car smell at a better price than nearly new 😊
I’ve decided to wait for the one I’ve ordered. There’s only £300 difference (the demo being £300 more than the new one on order!) it is tempting to not have to wait, but I just know I would rather have the new car experience in about 3 months time. It’ll even be delivered to my door on a trailer for free (so I don’t have to drive 200+ miles to pick it up!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Nice :cool:

No news on mine, my salesman (the sales manager) is away until the 21st May but promises me an update on that day.

Remember to ask them to leave the dealer stickers out, saves you removing them ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nice :cool:

No news on mine, my salesman (the sales manager) is away until the 21st May but promises me an update on that day.

Remember to ask them to leave the dealer stickers out, saves you removing them ;)
Anyone can update you. Now The WackyRacer has his it’s likely ours on the same boat which I’m hoping has arrived. I’ll ask my dealer for an update.

41 - 60 of 91 Posts