Up Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Was looking to buy a small run around car and so was told about the Toyota Aygo, 0% finance, 5 year warranty etc. But on further research I chose the Up! But I needed an Auto for my mum, she's fed up with manual so went around to the dealer and was told that I would have to wait until February 2013!
. Made a few more calls and a dealer said he could have one within a couple of weeks. I was looking for a white colour, maps and more and air con. So me and my brother set out to meet this new dealer, turns out we ended up at the wrong dealer! quite embarrassing
, my brother wasn't too happy either!
Thought we'll have a chat with these guys as we were already here. To my astonishment they had a new High Up!, Auto, Maps and More, basically everything we were looking for and could give it to us in five days!, it was a Wednesday and was told to come back on a Monday! I couldn't believe it!
So I went down yesterday and picked up the car. Couldn't be happier!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congratulations! That sounds awesome! I ordered a SEAT Mii Style Sport with automatic transmission (ASG-5) too, but still have 2 months to wait...

Please let us know how the automatic is handling!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You do definitely feel the gear change and sometimes it's seemless and sometimes a bit annoying. The annoying thing is only about timing, because it takes a bit longer to change gears than other bigger autos, the timing is what stands out. But when you get the hang of it you do get more control over it, and you can push each gear more at times to suit you. You do have to change your style of driving to get the best of the Auto. Fantastic car though, really impressed!

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Congratulations and welcome, you must be one of the first Auto owners on the board.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yeah, I noticed the same during my test drive with the auto, and it stalls slightly when shifting gear but not in a really annoying way. It is not like the DSG-7 in a Passat, but then again, we didn't pay Passat-money for it :)I am interested in your fuel efficiency over the next weeks if you are willing to share, because in general autos are a little less efficient. I'd like to get a grasp for how much.

Ps. did you get the 60 or 75 bhp version? I ordered the 75 bhp.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, I'am also really interested in how fuel efficient the auto is. The trip on the maps and more seems quite detailed so will have some interesting figures to post soon! BTW I got the 75bhp. I want to get some feed back from Auto owners before I bought it, but as it turn out I am going to be the one to give feed back to everyone!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts