Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have had a good experience with a VW dealer let everyone one else know by posting here...

I'll get The ball rolling by recommending VW Horsham who have been excellent with my purchase so far...

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
VW Kettering got the car built quickly (4 weeks) but have been slow since. My original salesman left mid sale so I can't recommend an actual bod. Long wait after delivery to dealership though (5 working days) to prep the car.
Rubbish finance quote, until I complained and said they must of made a mistake, only then were they competitive, but I had already sorted it elsewhere by then (their loss!). Second new car I have bought from them but I will try Northampton next time

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Ingram of Ayr....family run and excellent service, ESP from David Gray !

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Robinsons Lowestoft were great. Yes, the updates were not as often as I would have liked, but then again I was a little too keen about little tic-tac. At the end of a day, its just a car. lol

The handover was great, as little tic-tac was in his own little glass room, pride of the showroom. 8o)

·
Registered
423 Posts
Barnetts Dundee.Good straightforward deal. Full information as regards order and what was happening and when. Quality carpet mats and big bouquet of flowers on collection.
The whole operation at Barnetts is friendly, efficient and professional. The showroom has a stunning location overlooking the Tay Rail Bridge, and even has an indoor adventure playground for kids that you can also book free for birthday parties.
Scott and Ollie are the sales people I've dealt with, but all the staff are excellent.
The up! launch had food, beer and wine for the non drivers, soft drinks, a Beatles tribute band and 'The Stig' arriving with a special guest - the new Beetle.
Hardly a surprise then that they've picked up awards for customer service etc

·
Registered
421 Posts
I'm keeping quiet on this one....

·
Registered
421 Posts
They definitely go by the old saying never speak unless you're spoken to and to update the saying for them never speak till your spoken to repeatedly by message and email!

But it's hearty to know there are some good guys put there, and there should be the VW name is something of quality and it's sales representatives should reflect thatEdited by: ZumbaQueen

·
Registered
142 Posts
M5 SUT said:
Whiterose VW Crosshills.

Just what you'd expect from a VW garage!

Thanks for reminding me about this dealer, which is not too far from where I live (will have to consider them in the future)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Caffyns Eastbourne, my dealer is a nice a genuine guy, not forceful or pushy and happy to make a bit of a deal. It's my first time buying a new car from a dealer and they made it easier, I always do my research before making a big purchase.

Although I didn't do that about the GAP insurance and I did get it included in my finance. But after reading up on this forum I realised it was so much cheaper elsewhere! So I gave him a call up today and was fine with me removing it and asked some information about where i was getting it from and making sure I buy the correct one.

Just a greatexperienceand I can not wait for friday :D

Edited by: JayZee64

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
whassup said:
Barnetts Dundee.
Good straightforward deal. Full information as regards order and what was happening and when. Quality carpet mats and big bouquet of flowers on collection.

The whole operation at Barnetts is friendly, efficient and professional. The showroom has a stunning location overlooking the Tay Rail Bridge, and even has an indoor adventure playground for kids that you can also book free for birthday parties.

Scott and Ollie are the sales people I've dealt with, but all the staff are excellent.

The up! launch had food, beer and wine for the non drivers, soft drinks, a Beatles tribute band and 'The Stig' arriving with a special guest - the new Beetle.

Hardly a surprise then that they've picked up awards for customer service etc
Hells teeth! That sounds like a dream dealers!!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
It is noticeable that all of the decent dealers seem to be outside of the big cities!!

Looking at the VW dealers who win service awards the same is true:-

Small:
<UL>
<LI>Anthony Motors, Aberystwyth, Dyfed (second time winner)</LI>
<LI>Walkingshaw, Workington, Cumbria </LI>
<LI>Heritage of Westbury, Wiltshire</LI>[/list]
Medium:

<UL>
<LI>Helston Garages, Cornwall</LI>
<LI>T L Darby Volkswagen, Burton-On-Trent, Staffs (second time winner)</LI>
<LI>Hadwins Volkswagen, Grange Over Sands, Cumbria (second time winner)</LI>[/list]
Large:

<UL>
<LI>Sinclair Volkswagen, Swansea, West Glamorgan (second time winner)</LI>
<LI>Hayselden (Barnsley), South Yorkshire (second time winner)</LI>
<LI>Benfield Silverlink, Tyne and Wear </LI>[/list]

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
For those in North West of London, I recommend Citygate. I have bought tonnes of cars from them and they are really good!

S

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is our third new VW.From the first test drive on launch day ,ordering (no deposit)through to collection day with flowers and car revealed under a cover the service was FANTASTIC!The dealer-Camerons of Perth. Nothing is ever a problem with them the customer always come first.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hayselden's Doncaster have been brilliant so far keeping me up to date every step of the way, also looks like it's going to be a speedy delivery

1 - 20 of 37 Posts