Up Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spotted a red 62 reg up (not sure which model) on A550 between Do shill and Penymynydd in Flintshire.
Can only assume bloke thought I was a nutter, as he didn't wave back!!
Edited by: silentbazz

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry mate I did see you,..
were you in the pale blue one?
I run daily to Glyndwr.

It's aHigh Up! with all the bells and whistles.

Edited by: hsillitoe

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
S'alright! Spotted me today I take it!

Yup that's me, pale blue BMT, trying to get round the Penymynydd roundabout on the way to Sandycroft whilst the up! shouts at me to change up a gear!

Nice to see you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Morning silent.

Nice to make your acquaintance.

I'll keep an eye out, when I'm not fiddling with all the gadgets.

There's another red up I've seen occasionally on that run, I was told that it belongs to someone who works at Maelor. Don't see it that often so I guess they work shifts.

regards

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice to put a name to the motor :)

How are you finding the mpg (am curious as you're driving some of the same roads)? I am on my first fill up, and after 220-odd miles have about 5/8 of the tank left. Although, as I got half a tank when I took delivery of my up, I know you burn through the last half of a tank in just over 110 miles. So conservatively looking at about 330-340 miles on a fill up I reckon (am obeying the gear changes too!). As you have a Move up! too are you seeing something similar?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm now on my third fill up.
It wasn't full when I got it so I've been monitoring it since I fully filled it.

The gauge is not very linear and neither is the miles left to fill up calculation in the trip computer.

I just get three return journeys, Anglesey to Glyndwr(66 each way), with enough left to get to the garage to fill up.

It's nearly all dual carriageway apart from Dobshill to Wrexham and apart from the few roundabouts and Rhuallt Hill it nearly always stays in 5th on the dual carriageway. Speed for that section is usually 65mhp on the dash, which equates to 60mph on the m+m.

Miles wise it seems to be coming out at about 390miles until the light comes on with about 40 miles (computed) left, although I wouldn't want to push it beyond 20.

So I guess I'm getting about 400 miles to the tank, although I'll continue to monitor it as I think it should get better.

I run it using the gear change indication and also on cruise control, I think it's slightly better driving it manually.

It's a bit too early to see if it will improve.

·
Registered
523 Posts
New cars do get better with miles, my past couple of new minis got better mpg as the miles went on.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think my main problem is that I don't have that long a commute (eight and a bit miles each way), I guess you get better average mpg on a long journey. Done just over 250 on this fill up and am now in the last half of the tank.
Still less thirsty than my golf, though. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts