Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Reece, I'm 20 and I work in the parts department at a Volkswagen dealership.
I picked up my Move Up! last Friday from Worcester Volkswagen (where I work).

It had theexhaustheat shield replaced under warranty and the sales department kindly paid for a new front splitter as mine was damaged.

As soon as I got home from work I started looking for ideas on what I could do to my new Up!

I ordered some Team Heko wind deflectors and fitted them yesterday

I also managed to pick up a maps & more unit from work, i just need to order the wiring loom and brackets too then I can get to work retrofitting it.

Other plans at the moment are:
<ul>[*]Pressed plates[*]W8 interior light[*]Coilovers[*]6R Aerial[*]Tinted Windows[*]Park aid retrofit[*]Cruise control retrofit[/list]Updates soon

Thanks for looking

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hi Reece. Looks like just you and me on the forum as members at this time of night. Welcome. Enjoy the Up Grades you plan and keep us all informed of your progress. Ups in Tornado Red are the bees knees....IMHO!!

Go well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Have you found out whats involved in retrofitting cruise?
Something I would like to do also..

wind deflectors look good !!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Hi Reece,

Always good to have someone in the forum who works at a VW dealer.

I have another retrofit for you (others from the UK might be VERY interested in) ...
From building week CW45 on, the up! will be equipped with TWO buttons for the window lifters at the driver's side. It is so in Germany and will surely also be in the UK.

So, you needn't order parts in Brazil. You can order the parts at your local VW dealer as replacement parts for an up!, built after CW45/14 ...

Lovely up! you have!

Keep us informed about your retrofitting activities!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi guys, I haven't looked into retrofitting cruise very far, but I know from experience with the t5's that it can be done with a new stalk, an airbag wiring loom and possibly a control unit dependent on what's already fitted

Cadfael, definitely very interested in the 2 button upgrade and I will be looking into it

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Hi Reece,

Just wondered what the warranty is on the maps and more?

I've had mine coming up three years in april and just wondered if the maps and more have the same warranty as the car?

Thanks

Gary

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Gary,

I believe that if the maps and more was fitted during the PDI then it is 3 years, the same as the car.
If it was purchased after delivery and fitted by a dealer I think it drops to 2 years parts warranty or possibly 1 year because it's classed as an accessory

However I am not 100% sure and I will have to double check when I get back to work, but off the top of my head I think it's that

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Thanks Reece,

Think the best thing i could do is phone my dealer just to check.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi guys, quick update

sourced an aerial from work

looks so much better than the long one

also, you can see my old corsa in the background

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi guys,
Project is "on hold" (sort of) until pay day
Because I had an accident a couple of months ago my insurance premium has doubled and now I am poor
I do have my eye on a set of coilovers though, so hopefully they'll be coming my way soon

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Hey man, you are in Worcester too? I got my car from/take it for service at Worcester, in fact, I only live round the corner from there.
You work in parts right? Maybe you can help me out! ˜‰

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Davec86 said:
Hey man, you are in Worcester too? I got my car from/take it for service at Worcester, in fact, I only live round the corner from there.
You work in parts right? Maybe you can help me out! ˜‰

Like your style Dave!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I'm just saying, I'm not paying £60 for a new splitter, just to ruin it again.
I'm sure I can be of some assistance in return haha

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
so, my maps and more wiring harness, bracket and cover plate arrived this week

and i bought some new bulbs (Side, dipped and silver indicators)

nice and bright

·
Registered
34 Posts
What did you get for the<h3 ="r" style="font-size: medium; font-weight: normal; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; overflow: ; text-overflow: ellipsis; white-space: nowrap; color: rgb34, 34, 34; font-family: arial, sans-serif;">T20/7443light ?</h3>

·
Super Moderator
1,051 Posts
Aha, another VW partsman on here! I work for Driftbridge VW in Epsom and bought my Up from where I work too! I have also done a few of the mods you've done

LED DRL's

Led number plate light

LED interior lights

Stubby 6R aerial rod

I plan on coilovers too, but I'm waiting until its out of warranty next July until I go too far! Did the same with my Lupo GTI (which I still own!)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Finally got around to getting the maps & more fitted today! Will post a pic when I'm at my laptop

1 - 20 of 40 Posts