Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just thought I'd mention that my dealer told me that you only get one remote key with the central locking. The second key is just a normal one. He said the spec paperwork needs updating.

Does anyone know if the fuel cap is included in the central locking? I forgot to ask..

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
The two we had a look at (take Up! and Up! black) you had to put the key in the petrol cap to unlock
it. I didnt notice if the filler door locks with the central locking.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for that. If the cap has a key then I don't think the flap will lock..

·
Registered
143 Posts
My wife looked at the pricelist dated 3rd february 2012, and it clearly identifies only one remote key as opposed to the glossy booklet dated November 2011 which states two remote keys. As they both state specification subject to change, not sure I fancy the odds arguing this with my dealer, but I will try anyway.

·
Registered
655 Posts
You are only provided with one remote key and the brochure was reprinted to reflect this 2012 model year. Silly error on VW's part if you ask me...maybe if we all complain enough we can get another one!

·
Registered
64 Posts
About the remote key, on the VW Up! forum in the Netherlands one of the forum members bought a second remote key.
It seems that there are problems to program the second key.

Problem still not solved.

So be aware.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Online it still states 2 remote keys but the 3rd Feb 2012 price list states 1 key.

I picked up my car yesterday and only got 1 remote key, I've complained to head office. They initially said that there was nothing they could do as there is a disclaimer but I argued it with them. A manager is coming back to me. I'll let you know how I get on.

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
thanks for bringing this us, even if we can get a free second remote key, maybe if we keep up the arguing then we might at least be offered a discount

·
Registered
677 Posts
This has really bugged me! I will be having words with my dealer on sunday and demanding 2 remote keys! two of us will use the car and I want 2 remote keys!! Im not paying £11k for a car with one key!

·
Registered
655 Posts
You tell em Craig!! Although I suspect this may be a lost battle as the disclaimer lets them get away with it. The buggers!

·
Premium Member
1,179 Posts
i HATE disclaimers!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I only got one. However, my son cuts keys and can code them too so hopefully when he's had a look, I should be able to get another one done. (he does T4, T5 and golf/polo keys if anyone wants any!)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I didn't know about the remote keys issue. I thought it was
two remote keys. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
19 Posts
After some complaining VW have agreed to give me a second key, as my dealer thought it would come with two keys and VW online states 2 keys.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My dealer told me about the single key before I ordered, so I shall have to cherish my single key....

1 - 20 of 82 Posts