Up Owners Club banner

Remove cup holder

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Sal 
#1 ·
Hi all. I have had my move up for just under 3 1/2 years on a 14 plate and want to take out cup holder near hand brake to put in an arm rest. Anyone know how to remove the cup please?

#2 ·
Hi there,
Should be a quick task.
  • Raise handbrake to uppermost position.
  • Inside the cup should be a little cap (#42). Remove this cap to reveal bolt (#41; 4.2x16mm); unscrew.
  • Unclip trim piece at the cup end by lifting upwards, then remove forwards over the handbrake lever.

I know there are also options that mount into this cup holder, if you haven't already committed to one. See thoughts in these threads:

#3 ·
I can recommend the 'Armster 2', cheaper than an OEM vw one and easier to install. It does wobble a lot side to side if you push it but you don't notice when you're resting your arm on it, nor does it rattle or anything while driving. Mega comfy too, might take you a bit of time to get used to changing gear with the armrest in the way though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.