Up Owners Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Have had Our UP from new for 8 years plus and very pleased with it. On long trips it returns 70MPG but average is 50MPG. I wrote just after getting it that there was a strange noise changing up or down at above 4000rpm--ther still is but it has not got worse and the car still works fine despite this. However I digress. I need to remove the Right Hand Light Pod and I need to remove the plug marked with a Blue Arrow on the attached picture. The light pod is easily undone but the wiring lead is so short it only pulls out about 1/2" (13mm) or so. So how is this plug removed ?
I can't easily get my fingers in to it

thanks in advance for any help

Bob
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Bumper Gadget Gas

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
IIRC, I fashioned a small tool in the shape of a thin "L" and wiggled it under the red plug (connector lock) until it popped up enough to let me pull the connector.

It is awkward and stiff. A stupid bit of design.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi FMsteve

made up a tool and it worked a treat and well I've known worse connectors to remove. Took out the light pod OK and there was an awful lot of crud washed down into the body work behind the pod. The drain hole ( slot?) was blocked so cleared it out with the end a large cable tie. So I decided to check the left hand light as well. It to was blocked so well worth clearing out 8 years of accumulating crud!!
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Pink Bumper Red

Thanks for help

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts