Up Owners Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody removed there radio/ heater controls in an UP high yet?

I've given it a go today anddiscoveredthat the trimsurroundingthe heater controls in a UP high aredifferentfrom the take up used in the guides on here.
There is a slider control used to re-circulatethe air inside the car interior, the knob for which stops the plasticsurroundfromreleasing. I can't figure out how to remove it the knob to get the trim off.
Any Ideas?

Edited by: r3D d3vi1

·
Registered
315 Posts
Nope can't say I have.

I'll put it on my rainy day list.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is something I also wanted an answer to. Removing the slider control turns out to be very easy. It was clear that it had to be fitted after the panel was installed. What isn't clear is whether it might be glued in place or possibly held by some other means. In practice it turns out that the slider control is just a friction fit. The slider control is just a bit of mild steel which projects through the slot. The plastic slider is just pushed onto this steel projection.

To remove the plastic control I took a pair of angled long nose pliers. These need to be applied to the width of the slider, (side to side not top to bottom) as applying it to the top and bottom would just squeeze the plastic together. Grip the slider with the pliers and pull; it will come away easily.
It should be possible to prise the slider control off with two screwdrivers evenly and carefully applied to each side.

I hope this helps.

Red Move Up! with sensor and winter pack.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fantastic! I guess I was just being too careful when trying to pull the slider off.Didn'twant to break anything on such a new car.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
142 Posts
wrap your pliers with masking tape to save scratching plastic :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
In case it wasn't clear earlier - the pliers must go across the widest part of the plastic or else you will just be gripping it tighter onto the metal.For me the plastic slider then came away very easily. ¬

·
Registered
255 Posts
Bump for this, anyone got pics of the rear of the 3 heater dials?:)

Mark.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Markybug said:
Bump for this, anyone got pics of the rear of the 3 heater dials?:)

Mark.

See if I can find my Citigo one for you, should be the same as the Up!

Edit - Couldn't find it :p have a eBay link instead, should help a bit

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-UP-2013-AIR-CON-HEATER-CONTROLS-1S0-820-045-S-1S0820045S-FREE-UK-P-P-/121762375032?fits=Car+Make%3AVW%7CModel%3AUP&hash=item1c599a6578:g:cWEAAOSwKIpV-otA

Edited by: Hyphons

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts