Up Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to remove the plastic cowl cover, right below the windscreen to remove a lot of leaves that I can see have found its way in there.. have anyone done this and can share how to get the trim piece off without breaking it? :)

On my old Passat 3B I need to clean the cowl drains a couple times each year, otherwise the brake booster can take in water or the water can find its way to the interior of the car.. So wise from experience I always try to remove dirt that can cause issues further down the road..

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
Very simple. Start at the middle and just gently left the cowling up, it will pop out of its channel under the windscreen as you go. Once you get to the end, it is clipped into the top of the inner win/A-post are. You need to gently pull the cowl towards the front of the car to unclip it.

·
Registered
583 Posts
shakotanVIP said:
Very simple. Start at the middle and just gently left the cowling up, it will pop out of its channel under the windscreen as you go.
Do you need to remove the wipers for that ?

I've been reading reports of ppl getting water into their up!s due to leaves blocking the drains down there.

For the life of me, I can't remember ever having cleaned out that area on any car I've had - never had issues with water getting in either.

·
Super Moderator
1,495 Posts
_1S_ said:
shakotanVIP said:
Very simple. Start at the middle and just gently left the cowling up, it will pop out of its channel under the windscreen as you go.
Do you need to remove the wipers for that ?

I've been reading reports of ppl getting water into their up!s due to leaves blocking the drains down there.

For the life of me, I can't remember ever having cleaned out that area on any car I've had - never had issues with water getting in either.
Yes, wipers have to be unbolted, but only if you are removing the drivers side half of the cowl.

Edited by: shakotanVIP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts