Up Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the wee Up! badge from the rear window. Is it just glued on? I just think it would make cleaning the rear window easier and for a cleaner look in general...<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

Cheers,
Tim

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome! along with the VW Badge?<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Up with a bare bum ....nice!

·
Registered
727 Posts
I specifically ordered my white up! without the "up!" badge on the back but I will soon be removing the VW badge soon as well (video to follow).

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Badges are normally easy to remove with a hairdrier and some patience!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Or an angle-grinder and lots of impatience!

Nick

Edited by: Collas

·
Registered
11 Posts
It looks great!Neat and clean. Beautiful piece of design.
Can anyonetell me how to take of the blue motion badge?

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Dental floss and a hair dryer....seriously!

Heat the badge and holding the dental floss between two hands, use it in a sawing motion to break the sticky seal....any bits left behind can be removed with alcohol swab, etc etc

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yep, dental floss to cut through the backing foam, WD40 to clean off the gunk. I did it on my Smart because one of the letters was wonky (smart) so I took them all off :)

·
Registered
705 Posts
The backing foam sits between the badge and the glue to provide a soft surface which prevents scratches. Think of 3M double-sided adhesive tape - glue, foam, glue.

Nick

·
Super Moderator
3,147 Posts
Mjölner said:
Hi!
And xylene to remove what was left from the adhesive/clue

woah! Carcinogenic.......horrible stuff !

·
Registered
15 Posts
I never thought I would consider de-badging my Up!, but seeing the picture of Mjölner's could actually change my mind on the subject.Now, imagine that the car is black. And the rear window is tinted. And maybe with some aftermarket tinted rear lights (they're bound to come)... Hmm!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I just removed mine. The dental floss and hair drier worked a treat. Nail polish remover helped shift the adhesive and I ensured it was all off with a dash of wd40. It looks so much better without, despite my initial reservations.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts