Up Owners Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep wishing i had one of these instead of my High Up. Despite my High Up only costing £11K and the Captur costing more like £14K. Can someone please make me see sense?

·
Registered
957 Posts
Weaker residuals when it comes to selling I would think.Why don't you try one and get it out of your system.
You may think ..... hold this is not as good as my UP!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Unless you pay extra the Nav is dreadful on the Clio / Captor Dynamiqueunless you pay extra for the TomTom upgrade so even more cost!!!
I drove a Clio TCe & was underwhelmed, a Captor would be even worse.

For me, not worth the extra.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Hi Alan ,you had sense when you bought your lovely Up. You cannot get a better car
than you already have. Also you won't loose as much money as you would on that
Junk you called the captur. As this is your second Up, what does that tell you.
You won't get all the people looking at your car as they do now ,it's such a lovely car
Regards phill

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mii al said:
Unless you pay extra the Nav is dreadful on the Clio / Captor Dynamique unless you pay extra for the TomTom upgrade so even more cost!!!
I drove a Clio TCe & was underwhelmed, a Captor would be even worse.

For me, not worth the extra.
Thanks all for your wisdom and especially the reply above. The Dynamique MediaNav would certainly have been the model i would have gone for. I love M&M, so I would want any replacement to be at least as good.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I, too, glance admiringly upon the Captur. I then return to reality by reminding myself that it's unreliably French!!
Edited by: Miserable Git

·
Registered
149 Posts
Miserable Git said:
I, too, glance admiringly upon the Captur. I then return to reality by reminding myself that it's unreliably French!!
The bits that go suck/squeeze/bang/blow are ok, it's the electrical system which is a concern.

We just scrapped a Renault Megane and bought the Mii, but we had that old bucket for 12 years and it literally cost me nothing in repairs and never broke down until the very day it expired (cambelt snapped). I serviced it myself but as a second car it was ideal. I stuck a towbar on it for all those messy jobs (not getting my car dirty!!) And it was a proper little workhorse. Mind you, there were no electrical gizmos on it. Billy Basic.

But the newer Renaults have loads of kit, and I would be a little concerned. Saying that, VAG electricals have sometimes acted oddly, on passats for example.

My car is a Honda Civic, voted most reliable car by What Car readers 8 years running. I was about to buy a new golf when I got it, but found it rather conservative compared to my spaceship.

·
Registered
48 Posts
There's an odd thing I like about these crossovers. There's no real reason to have one since they're basically the jacked up hatchback but I do really like the Nissan Juke, I even looked into one instead of my Corsa.

Edited by: Smyth

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My Mrs had a Juke. It was ok but the over styling doesn't give it much space inside.Edited by: AlanG

·
Registered
237 Posts
Smyth said:
There's no real reason to have one since they're basically the jacked up hatchback
They are not really jacked up. They have about the same ground clearance as the other city cars have.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts